Windshield Waxed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Windshield Waxed!!!!

Has anyone here waxed thier windshield. Well, if not, I did this weekend, and it is really slick, by pulling your finger over the window, you can feel where the wax is. Anyway, I figure it will do better in rain and bugs will wash off easyier. Here is a pic of the side window. If anyone has sugestions or comments about doing this, that would be good.

Old 02-26-2002, 07:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never used wax but have used Rain-X for over 15 years and it does the same thing and I bet it lasts longer.

Old 02-27-2002, 09:33 PM
use Rain-X before wax. Wax can leave a haze and impair vision.

Just an opinion.

Old 02-27-2002, 09:35 PM
I had just washed the truck, The windshield is clear as can be, I havn't driven it at night yet, but will make shure everything is clear.

Old 02-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Rain-X is a lot better than wax. Rain-X is super slippery and the water can't even stay on it. I think wax would just be a pain since it'll wear off on your wipers.

Rain-X is easy to apply. Just apply it, let it haze, and then wash you truck. Don't do that stupid buffing the haze off. That takes forever. It is just better to wax the haze off.

Old 03-06-2002, 12:04 AM
jnd
don't wax wind sheild with car wax use rain x may

I use to wax my windshield with wax but couldn't figure out why the wipers would leave streaks when it rained now I know car wax is for the paint not the glass I bought some rainx cleaner it is in a white bottle with the blue label it is a cleaner/wax for glass and yes chrome but since I have started using this about every 3rd or 4th wash my wipers have kept the window clean and the bugs do not stick as bad just my .02

but I do admit it does look good............

Old 03-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

I use Rain-X almost exclusively, but lately it doesn't seem to last as long as it used too. Maybe automotive glass is less porous than it used to be?? Who knows? I apply it, and it seems to wear off within a month or so. I originally started using it on all the older cars I used to drive, and it would last for a year or more. What gives?? ,,,,98

Old 03-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 98SCREAMER
I use Rain-X almost exclusively, but lately it doesn't seem to last as long as it used too. Maybe automotive glass is less porous than it used to be?? Who knows? I apply it, and it seems to wear off within a month or so. I originally started using it on all the older cars I used to drive, and it would last for a year or more. What gives?? ,,,,98
Not sure. I seem to be only getting a few weeks out of it too.

Old 03-09-2002, 06:56 AM
I've used rain-x for several years and my brother has used was on his windshield for years also. I notice his windshield does streak as mentioned above.
I too have noticed that rain-x doesn't seem to last as long but perhaps it is that we always want it to work as good as it does the first week or so, therefore we tend to apply it more often.

Quick Reply: Windshield Waxed!!!!