Bumper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper Problem

Today stupid me, while not paying attention, backed into another truck in a parking lot at less than 2 mph, maybe even barely 1. I made contact on the right rear side of the bumper. As a result, the contact has pushed in that side of my bumper by about 3/4's of an inch.

I have two questions here. What part of my bumper or its assembly was it that most likely deflected creating the gap difference. Second, is this portion repairable by me or would a body shop have to do it?

Old 03-02-2002, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Similar situation happened to me on 3/1. Some jack*ss backed into my truck..hitting my drivers side front bumper rather hard. It left a shallow 8" dent in the metal..and pushed the extreme end of the bumper in about an inch. I had just pulled into the parking lot...when this fool rocketed out of his parking spot (Driving a nasty looking 1969 Ford F-100). I had just enough time to stop..and almost had it in reverse...but it was too late. Fool became pissed off after I called 911 and had a cop sent out.

He told the cop he never saw me and his rearview mirror is broken. Cop sighted him with the accident..my insurance company is going to pay for everything...and go after his insurance company.

I can say that I am somewhat impressed with how well everything held up. It was a heck of a bang..shook my entire truck. I thought everything was busted and broken. Much to my surprise, very little damage. Only the dent and 3/4 to 1 inch movement of the bumper on the extreme end. Nothing underneath. Bravo FORD!!

Old 03-02-2002, 11:20 PM
thefoyboy

Are you the dumb*** that hit Dustoff. Sorry re-read post and the guy that hit him was in an older F-150.

Just kidding.

I feel you're pain. There is nothing worse than the sound of bending metal and shrinking bank account.

Old 03-02-2002, 11:21 PM
That should have read jack***.

Quick Reply: Bumper Problem