Intel486, HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intel486, HELP.

You are soo good at answering questions I thought I would ask you one myself. My paint is in extremely good condition because it gets washed at least 2 times a week and waxed once a month. But I am still trying to remove some minor swirl marks. What do you recommend I do? I use Meguairs scratch X everytime before I wax it, but I don't like it because it doesnt get rid of them and it contains a polish that is extremely oily. THANKS,

Old 03-13-2002, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not intel486, but have a 400 P2 I'd try some 3M swirl mark remover. Works for me.

Old 03-13-2002, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should probably try to get a buffer. The buffer will help a lot.

I don't really like 3m Swirl Mark Remover. It is hard to get the abrasives to break down. It is also full of fillers that get left behind on the paint and are extremely hard to buff off.

I suggest Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0. It isn't as abrasive as 3m Swirl Mark Remover but the abrasives break down very easy even when applying by hand. It is also easy to buff off the left over residue unlike 3m's Swirl Mark Remover.

For your deeper scratches try to get some 3m Finesse It II Finishing Compound (Machine Polish). It'll haze your paint so you'll have to go over the area with Meguiars #9 to make it shine again.

Quick Reply: Intel486, HELP.