Microfiber - Is it worth the $$?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Microfiber - Is it worth the $$?

Was thinking about getting some microfiber towels (a couple) for polishing etc. Anybody have any pros and/or cons to these thing besides the MEGA DOLLAR price?

Anybody know of anywhere to pick these puppies up a little cheaper? They're pretty harsh. Thanks for the input.

RP

Old 04-19-2002, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguires has promoted the use of terry for years, and now they are touting the microfabric. I have been using the micro on the show circuit since last april...and I am quite pleased. Great absorbtion, no lint and no streaking. Also, they are washable and last quiet awhile. I have found them cheaper at car show vendor booths then at the retail stores.

The Beast From The East...My Gallery

Old 04-20-2002, 02:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yosteve.com has awesome MF towels. I use them and am about to order some more. They do last awhile and they can be pretty much used for everything. Drying, buffing off polish/wax residue, cleaning windows, etc.

I do not like to use them for Quick Detailing though because they seem to soak up the QD'er to quick. I do not like that since you have to use more QD'er and if it soaks up all the lubricant then there is nothing there to prevent swirls. I still use 100% cotton Towels for QD'ing.

Quick Reply: Microfiber - Is it worth the $$?