Suggestions on my shine....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Suggestions on my shine....

As soon as spring breaks I'm going to clay my truck, use Meguiars Polish, and then Turtle Wax Emerald Car wax.
Does this sound right? Should I use a different wax? Synthetic?!?

Old 04-22-2002, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you'll get a good shine and I believe that the clay bar is pretty much the main thing here. Read my post "just for the shine of it".....

Personally though, I try not to mix products. Just be sure to start off with washing your vehicle with DAWN to get all the old wax residue of before you clay....

Old 04-22-2002, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DonnyD, not sure what you are talking about when you say not to mix products. Yes, don't use the same applicator for applying two different products. If you are talking about using products from different companies then you can.

I use ProWax's compound, Meguiars #9 swirl remove, Klasse All-in-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, and Meguiar's #26 as a topper.

Try to find a product you like and then start using it. You don't have to use their whole line.

stange, Yes, there are a lot of differetn waxes you can chose from. I really like Klasse Sealant Glaze for a synthetic. If you want a synthetic and a carnauba together then you should try ProWax's Satin Creme. For a carnauba wax then Meguiar's Gold Classe or Meguiar's #26. Again, find which one you like and start using it.

Also, Try to get Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 for your polish. It is out of their Pro line. Most of Meguiar's Consumer polishes are crap.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on my shine....