Intel

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intel

I can see your teh guy to talk to bout paint.

What is the best affordable (highschool student) way to shine my truck? I mean make the babies cry and women scream its so shiny.

Old 04-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm...
-Wash with a car shampoo (Cheap, I buy it in the gallon and soon to be 5gallons so I can't tell ya how much it'll cost)
-Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 (around $10)
-Apply it by hand w/ a foam applicator. (foam applicators are cheap, get one of those bags with like three cotton terry applicators and four foam applicators. The whole bag is like $5)
-For deepers scratches you can hit it with Meguiars Scratch-X or Eagle One Scratch Remover. You'll have to use multiple applications of them (cheap like $3 or $4)
-Wax, Meguiar's Gold Class (Don't remember how much it costs. Been awhile since i've used it)

You can leave out claying unless you want to spend the extra money. Claying really just improves the feel of the paint as well as protects it from certain long term problems. Like the effects of raildust.

But the looks are in the detail to your truck. Hit all your exterior rubber with a protectant like 303 Aerospace protectant.

Hit your tires with a good tire shine. I don't really like the super shinny plastic looking tire dressings. I still buy them anyways. I just apply then, let them sit for a few minutes, and then buff them down to a nice rich black color. Makes the tires look like they are new and not made of plastic.

Make sure your wheels are clean. Get a good wheel cleaner to keep all the brakedust off. If you don't wanna buy a wheel cleaner, then a sponge with some carsoap and elbow grease will do the trick. It just takes longer

Quick Reply: Intel