Meguiar's 3 step process.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiar's 3 step process.

Has anybody out there tried this yet? 3 bottles: cleaner, wax, polish. I just went and picked some up today so I can wax my truck tomorrow. I have been using Zaino for a year and a half now, but am gonna switch. One reason is because I went off-roading 2 weeks ago, and after cleaning off my truck, I noticed some of my paint appears to be stained from the mud. Zaino, to me, is just more of a polish to make your truck look shiny, which I loved, but I need some serious protection on my paint. Will this get the job done for a black truck? Thanks.

Old 05-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiar consumer products aren't that good and you probably will be disappointed after using Zaino.

I would use Meguiar's #9 as my polish and then either Meguiar's #26 yellow wax or Meguiar's gold Class for a wax.

Old 05-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Mudder:

What Intel said. However, since you already bought, the 3-step isn't that bad that you might not want to use it up first (but that's 3 steps on a lot of sheet metal If you bought the crystal wax (I think that's what they push with that system.....it's been a while since I used it), be aware that it does not last that long. Also, that combo is not very good at hiding swirls (at least it wasn't for my black '98 Ranger). So, you might want to use the stuff up, just start it off with a few coats of wax (in step 3) and figure you're going to wax it at least every month. When you run out of wax, go out and get a better wax suggested by Intel (Blitz is also supposed to be a good one, reasonably priced, and lasts a relatively long time, though I have not used it.......I'm using p21s for now).

Cheers
ernie

Old 05-14-2002, 01:51 PM
Well I did my truck on Saturday, and the wax was pretty good. I didn't have all day to work on it, so I just did step one, and three. Both turned out good. I didn't get any swirls, mainly because I go side to side when I wax. But, I did purchase the Gold Class wax, so I will start using that montly.

Thanks for your info guys, I appreciate it. The Meguiars turned out to be better than I thought.

Old 05-14-2002, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gold Class probably won't last a month of your truck since it is black... and it looks like you get it pretty dirty

When I used Gold Class on my Deep wedgewood blue truck I only got about two weeks out of it.

Old 05-16-2002, 08:33 PM
2 weeks? I thought I was bad, mine wears out after 4 weeks. I have to agree, the Gold Class looks good but doesn't last. I had the same results with Zaino, too expensive to have to put it on that often.

I have some #26 but I had already adopted the "Ernie logic" of using up what I've got first.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's 3 step process.