Can't decide what to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't decide what to use?

I am having trouble deciding on what type of cleaners, polish's, and wax's to use this year on my 97 royal blue/wedgewood blue with tan bottom. Last year I used a Mother's Clay bar kit then used Meguirs #9 Swirl remover, followed by #7 show car glaze, then waxed with #26 Hi-tech yellow. Truck looked amazing for along time after that and all I really ever had to do is touch it up with Quick Detailer or when that didn't work the Quick Wax.
Now that I have researched it more it seems some calim that the Meguirs doesn't last that long and doesn't have the "ultimate shine".
I was thinking about moving to Klasse as some really rave on it's results and durablity. I have read that it's a German acrylic formula which the Germans have been known to make great stuff. What gets me is the word "acrylic", does this mean it's a synthetic type wax/polish. For best possible apperance using Klasse should I clay, then use Meguir's swirl remover since Klasse AIO is such a mild polish, then maybe use the #7 or should I go directly into using the AIO followed by the sealant? I thought I read somewhere on here the Klasse will not stick to the oily base so does tha knock the Meguirs out. What about applying the #7 and/or #26 over Klasse AIO or over Klasse sealant?
I have also heard good things about Cherry Wet wax and wonder how it stacks up against Meguirs or Klasse? I know F150 Ram Air uses it and his truck looks damn good in the pics.
Just trying to sort this mess out, thanks for any help or tips.

Old 05-20-2002, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wax is your choice. I did a lot of testing before I settled on what I use now. Currently I have Klasse Sealant Glaze topped with Prowax's Satin Creme.

If you go with Klasse the do

Clay
Meguiar's #9
Klasse AIO
Klasse SG
Then top with whatever you want. Just remember if it has any polishes in it or cleaners it will remove some of the Klasse SG.

Don't put anything between Klasse AIO and Klasse SG because it will affect how Klasse SG sticks.

Old 05-20-2002, 11:46 PM
Thanks Intel
I thought I was right about reading that Klasse would not stick as well if anything was used in between the two. So are you even using the Klasse AIO? I guess my Meguirs #9 could take the place of that and that would be one less thing to buy, right? So you create all those beautiful shines with Prowax, hmmm. So where's the best deals on this stuff anyway, Klasse and Proxaw that is? Take care of that truck... and yourself.

Old 05-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Klasse you can get from properautocare.com

I do use Klasse AIO but you only have to use it once. After you start using Klasse SG you just layer it on and don't use Klasse AIO since it'll remove the Klasse SG. I use meguiar's #9 and get all the swirls out. I'll then come and hit it with one coat of Klasse AIO and then start putting on Klasse SG.

ProWax products are professional products. So, if you want to buy your stuff in gallon or 5 gallon drums, then prowax is for you! Bascially, you can use meguiar's products for everything. You can buy meguiar's stuff at any pepboys or online. I use prowax because I get a deal for buying a large quantity but I don't think you need 5 gallons of tire dressing The only thing I don't know where you can get is the ProWax's Satin Creme. I don't know any other products like it.

Send me an email at 1337h4xor@***.net

Old 05-21-2002, 08:22 PM
Thanks Intel

You have mail!

Quick Reply: Can't decide what to use?