is this a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this a problem?

i paid a guy to wash and wax my truck and i thought he was going to remove the bugs from the front but instead he just gave it a lil wash and then waxed it, and where the bugs are, there are white spots and it really sticks out.... the overall wax job is fine but the bugs are easy to see now.... any suggestions? thanx

Old 05-29-2002, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My suggestion would be to not let this clown do your truck again!!! Bug guts are very acidic and can mess up your paint job. Use a bug and tar remover to get the little nasties off then wash and re-wax.

Last edited by twistedfinn; 05-29-2002 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Get to a self car wash, use the foam brush, and then blast them off. Couldn't be easier. And don't let this guy wash your truck again. I've found that some bug and tar removers don't work worth a crap. Sad, but true.,,,,98

Old 06-02-2002, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure the bugs are there? Maybe the bugs left little acid pits in your truck and the wax just filled them in. You may also have small rock chips which will get filled in with wax and really stand out.

Call another detailer and have him do your truck. Also, tell them to remove the bugs from the front of your truck. I know the bug stuff I carry really takes the bugs of well. I sometimes have to let it sit awhile though.

Quick Reply: is this a problem?