Black Streaks from Weather Stripping

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Black Streaks from Weather Stripping

2001 F-150 Supercab in Wedgewood Blue has those ugly blackish run marks from the small rear windows after it rains. I use Zaino products but these "runs" are getting more difficult to remove. I'm considering removing the rear windows, cleaning the area with a good solvent, then use a 50 year clear silcone caulk to seal the black weather strip. Anyone got a better idea?

Thanks

JR

2001 f150 Wedgewood Blue, 4.6L, Auto.
Sportsmaster bed cover
Ravin z-55 si/so
K&N with homemade air induction

Old 06-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is dirt washing out of that window. I use to have the same problem. Now I make sure I run my wash mit around the window when I wash my truck. I then also make sure I dry it out very well. I'll open the window and stick a towel in there and make sure I dried all the water out.

I haven't had a problem since I started doing it.

I wouldn't seal the window shut though...

Old 06-14-2002, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Streaks from windows

I've had my '97 since it was new, it now has 114,000 miles on it. It is Moonlight blue and has the streaks beneath the rear side windows whenever it rains. So far wax has removed it without problems. I assumed that all the supercabs had this problem but it just shows up most on certain colors.

Old 06-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Streaks from windows

Originally posted by Bartruth
I've had my '97 since it was new, it now has 114,000 miles on it. It is Moonlight blue and has the streaks beneath the rear side windows whenever it rains. So far wax has removed it without problems. I assumed that all the supercabs had this problem but it just shows up most on certain colors.
yhea, I think most do since I see it on a lot of them.

When I had them I use Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion and it removed them quickly. Just dry around that windows after you wash and you'll never get them again. My truck is deep wedgewood blue and I haven't gotten them since I started doing that.

Quick Reply: Black Streaks from Weather Stripping