Turtle Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mudd1
ok let me get this right . AIO goes on first. then SG. how long do you have to wait before applying SG. can i apply it right after i apply the AIO? and would 1 coat of SG be enough?
I usually apply SG right after AIO.

One coat of SG is fine but most people apply 3 coats. SG starts to hit its max shine at 3 coats. Some go for 5 coats.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have found that correcting wax streaking w/ many different types of waxed can be cleaned-up by wiping w/ a very wet cloth and polishing w/ a dry towel or chamois.

Old 06-23-2002, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Meguiares carnuba for me

I have a black clearcoat finish on my flareside. I used it yesterday as a matter of fact. Also did the wife's '00 pontiac grand am GT (red). This stuff is good. It cleans almost like a light compounding, polishes and protects with the carnuba wax. Twice a year for me, before summer and winter. I just use a regular dishwashing sponge to apply and soft thin cloth-like papertowels to buff. Took me forever but it looks brand new. This product works fine on black and red. Her car has gone almost 2 years without a wax job(since it was new) and it really brought out the red color more and the shine. Polish is for shine, wax is for better protection with the shine. Man I'm hurtin' today too. lol

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax