Intel, Klasse question followup

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intel, Klasse question followup

Intel, I took this to its own message, but its really a followup question to your directions on how to apply Klasse.

First, Sorry for the mis-spelling.
Can I install the Klasse SG directly over the AIO for the first coat or do I need to wait the 24 hours. I understand that I have to wait the 24 hours for subsequent SG coats.

Also, Intel, you are always saying that the Zaino looks better on light colors and the Klasse better on dark colors. You're response seemed to be praising Klasse but a little critical of Zaino. Do you still feel the same way.

I have a silver F150, and like you said, I put on about a coat a month since the first four, so it has looked really good for that time. I don't really know how long it will last in the weather. But from what I read from others the Zaino is a long lasting product. At least I hope so. Do you have any experience in its durability or were you just speculating.

Is there any reason not to use Klasse on light colors? I mean, what do you think would be the difference in appearance between a silver Zaino-ed and a silver Klasse SG-ed F150 standing side by side?

I did mistakingly put on four coats of Zaino Z2 with the ZXF on the first application. I read the directions on the bottle and not the paper sheet. The bottle didn't specify a limit. In any case, it was a warm day, and it went on fine without a problem, and you could definately tell that the 4th coat layed on an addition visual effect. So the new limit is 4 in one day.

Old 06-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Intel, Klasse question followup

Originally posted by haze10
Can I install the Klasse SG directly over the AIO for the first coat or do I need to wait the 24 hours. I understand that I have to wait the 24 hours for subsequent SG coats.
I usually apply Klasse SG right over AIO. I apply AIO to the whole truck, let it sit for an hour, and then buff off. I then go and apply Klasse SG right after I'm done buffing the AIO.

Also, Intel, you are always saying that the Zaino looks better on light colors and the Klasse better on dark colors. You're response seemed to be praising Klasse but a little critical of Zaino. Do you still feel the same way.
Klasse will darken a color and make the panel look wetter. Gives it a kind of warm feeling.

Zaino gives the panel a nice shine and reflection, an almost candycoated look. I think it looks better on light colors and I have had many people agree.

I have a silver F150, and like you said, I put on about a coat a month since the first four, so it has looked really good for that time. I don't really know how long it will last in the weather. But from what I read from others the Zaino is a long lasting product. At least I hope so. Do you have any experience in its durability or were you just speculating.
Some of the Zaino durability statements I have made I'm taking from Ron Ketcham. Look him up if you do not know who he is.

I also just said I have never had a clear statement of the acutal durability of Zaino because people are always applying coats and do not just apply their Zaino and then wait 6 months like I did with Klasse SG.

Is there any reason not to use Klasse on light colors? I mean, what do you think would be the difference in appearance between a silver Zaino-ed and a silver Klasse SG-ed F150 standing side by side?
Silver Klassed would be darker and wetter looking. Zaino'ed would be very reflective and shinney.

I did mistakingly put on four coats of Zaino Z2 with the ZXF on the first application. I read the directions on the bottle and not the paper sheet. The bottle didn't specify a limit. In any case, it was a warm day, and it went on fine without a problem, and you could definately tell that the 4th coat layed on an addition visual effect. So the new limit is 4 in one day.
Well, might not be visual but you might be putting layers on too fast and not allowing the first layers time to cross link which will degrade its durability. You'll have to talk to Sal about the results of putting too many layers of ZFX'ed Zaino on at one time.

Quick Reply: Intel, Klasse question followup