Polished the truck today

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Polished the truck today

Well, I did my whole truck with ProWax's Swirl Eliminator. Ghaa finally got rid of the haze from the Duz-all (it is a heavier cutting compound) Really looks good, If I'm not doing anything tomorrow, then I'll try to get a coat of Klasse SG on it.

Old 06-21-2002, 11:36 PM
tk2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow truck looks great... Was this done with a d/a polisher or by hand? And how does the Pro wax stack up against Meguairs #9
Later,Todd

Old 06-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by tk2
Wow truck looks great... Was this done with a d/a polisher or by hand? And how does the Pro wax stack up against Meguairs #9
Later,Todd
I used a rotary with a waffle cutting pad and ProWax's Duz-All first of all. I did this about a week ago. Rained everyday this week so this was the first chance I got to finish it.

I applied ProWax's Swirl Eliminator with a finishing pad and a DeWalt DA buffer.

Compared to Meguiar's #9 they are almost the same. Only difference in Meguaiar's #9 has fillers in it and ProWax's Swirl Eliminator does not. It does have some type of sealant in it though. ProWax's #1 Polish would compare more to Meguiar's #9 because it has fillers in it as well as a sealant. I'll try to get more clarification from ProWax about what type of sealant they have in their polishes.

Edit: I'll see how the truck beeds/sheets tomorrow when I'll wash it. I know how unwaxed paint beeds/sheets so I'll see if their is any type of sealant on the paint.

Old 06-22-2002, 05:07 PM
My neighbhors mowed so I had to wait for them to finish because they were blowing stuff all over. By the time they were done it had started to rain

Quick Reply: Polished the truck today