Tire Shine/Protection without Heavy Dust/Dirt Collection

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 04:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Tire Shine/Protection without Heavy Dust/Dirt Collection

What products are you all using on your tires to get a decent luster without attracting a plethora of dust and dirt?

I've found that nearly all the products that I've tried (i.e. Tire Wet, Eagle One...) give a great luster but attract dirt like a plauge. I'm looking for something that isn't as 'gooey' and doesn't attract the road dirt like a magnet.

Also, something that isn't going to be 'flung' all over the body of the truck when I drive.

Thus far, I'm using a product that EVERYONE says NOT to use.... Armor All. It's giving me average results but, I want more shine and something that's going to offer a little more protection.

SUGGESTIONS? PLEASE?

RP

Old 06-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use to use eagle one and didn't have any problem with it attracting dust.

I would apply it and then let it sit for about 10 - 20mins. I'd then come back with a rag and go around and wipe all the tires down really well.

I never had problems with dust or with it flinging off. You just had to make sure you buffed the tires off quickly before you drove. I didn't get down there and work the rubber. I just wiped around the tire a few times with medium pressure to get all the extra dressing off.

Here is a pic of it with EO tire dressing. I'll try to get a pic of what I currently use on my truck. I use ProWax's Premium Blue dressing. Apply it just the same but I don't think it gives as bright of a shine which is fine by me.

Old 06-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the input intel. I'll give it another whirl and let it sit for a little while before buffing the excess off. Maybe that's where I went wrong...

Thanks again...

RP

Quick Reply: Tire Shine/Protection without Heavy Dust/Dirt Collection