Blue Magic- Metal Polish Cream

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Blue Magic- Metal Polish Cream

At Echelon Auto show, they had a huge display with some freebies and alot of stuff for sale amongst the freebies. I must have accidentally on purpose gotten confused and started sticking the stuff for sale in my bag of freebies too. LoL (other people were doing it so why not!) Anyway, i snatched a jar of Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. And since i have a show 2morrow, i pulled the rims today to give them a good polishing and to clean teh suspenion work. Anyway, i'm almost out of mothers mag and aluminum polish, so i had to use the Blue Magic. It went on great, and stripped any tar right off, which would usually require some rubbing with the mothers, but when i tried to buff it off, it was friggin impossible. I tried letting it dry on alot, letting it hardly dry at all, putting it on thin, putting it on thick. NOTHING worked. I ended up buffing the rims 4 times already, and i'll have to do it a few more times 2morrow because they aren't to their full shine capability. You can still see a slight blue tint at the right angle, and i can see a little streak action going on. I really like how easily it stripped the tar, but i hate all the extra buffing and i can STILL smell the friggin ammonia from the friggin crap. LoL, and i did them like 6 hours ago. Anyway, don't you use this stuff Intel? I thought you said you did. If so, am i doing something wrong? Or have you ever tried mothers mag and aluminum polish? I think its much better stuff after using the 2 products. Since i'm almost out of the mothers mag and alum. polish, i may try their new billet metal polish next to give it a whirl. Let me know if i was doing something wrong, and how much does that stuff go for in the stores? Thanks

Old 07-06-2002, 12:52 AM
I have tried Blue Magic and Mothers, but neither of them was nearly as good a Wenol. Search for it its like $9 a tube and its great stuff

Old 07-06-2002, 03:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Blue Magic is suppose to put down some type of silicone protective layer or something. Maybe that is where you are getting the streaking *shrug*

What did you use to buff it off?

If you need something more powerful than blue magic, then go with Flitz. Luster Lace is another big one with the motorcycle people and as you know, they love chrome!

Last edited by Intel486; 07-06-2002 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:23 PM
I'll have to try the wenol stuff, i've heard alot of people talking about it.

Anyway, intel, i guess the streaking was the silicone stuff, but it was a PITA to get thin enought that it didn't look streaky and dulll.

For the buffing i used a few different rags and tshirts and they all seemed to make no difference in the removal speed. I usually use the mothers and let it dry on then buff it off with a rag and worked great. I'll try the wenol and see how it does, if not, i'll go back to mommy

thanks

Old 07-07-2002, 12:07 AM
summit 's got wenol.....7.50 for a 4 oz. tube

Old 07-07-2002, 12:36 AM
Thumbs up Valco Magic Mix

When you get a chance, run by the closest truckstop and get a bottle of Magic Mix. That's the only place I've been able to find it. It's more of a liquid than a cream, and it settles out white on the bottom and sort of amber on top, so shake well before and during use. I have a '92 Z28 with various chrome goodies under the hood and Centerline billets, along with my '01 L. The stuff works good on chrome, billet, ceramic exhaust tips, etc. You'll like the results. BTW it's in a white bottle, with a rabbit holding a Uncle Sam hat on the label. Price runs from $7.99 to $9.99. Easy on, easy off

Old 07-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Wenol is the best there is. They have 2 formulas. One is more abrasive(I think its the orange tube), but both formulas are not too abrasive and will shine up a dull piece of metal well. If Wenol can't shine it up, it cant be shined up by hand. Works great with a dremel, just be careful. I nicked an old set of wheels with a dremel once.

Trending Topics

Old 07-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Hmm, if wenol is abrasive is it okay for my already shiney rims? There may be a few duller spots that could use the wenol, but what about for a regular polish? Should i just use mothers and then wenol for the duller spots? I think mothters is a little abrasive though also. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I use MAAS on my tips

MAAS is a good alt for mother mag and al polish, but I think is also has the protective layer on it as well.

Is there a reason you don't just use regual wax after cleaning them with soap and a boar hair brush ( not the synthetic boar hair crap )?
I use my old brushes from the car, engrave them RIMS with my dremmel so I cannot confuse the 2.

I do this on my Rims, after cleaning them, and they turn out great.
Make sure to use a non cleaner wax, else you will have swirl marks all over them, or at least that is what I have found in the past ( rag type can also do this as I'm sure you know ).
I use a 100% cotton T-shirt that I had worn for years, wash the hell out of it to make sure the fabric softener is out of it. Thsi way I have a continual suppy of soft cotton rag ( cut the seams out of it, and the neck ).

Just a few thougths, don't know how they will apply to you.

Old 07-07-2002, 04:03 PM
Well i use Liquid glass on my truck, so thats what i was using on my rims, and then i saw some mothers mag and aluminum polish, so i decided to try that. I had one rim from the factory that was a little dull, and the mothers shined it right up as shiney as the rest. I gotta have my big chrome dubs shiney . Ever since then i've used the mothers, but i am almost out, so was thinking of trying something new.

Old 07-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Thumbs up

All of your metal polishes are 'slightly' abrasive. Otherwise they wouldn't give that blinding shine that they do. I know from my own experience that Wenol in the orange tube will work wonders on aluminum and chrome. I have yet to use anything better. And I've used bunches.

Quick Reply: Blue Magic- Metal Polish Cream