synthetic vs. carnuba

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question synthetic vs. carnuba

What are some pros and cons of carnuba waxes and synthetic waxes. I know they both give a different appreance and carnuba melts around 180 degrees???? But what are some other pros and cons about these 2 waxes???.

Old 08-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Down here....

...in Houston, I don't seem to get much out of a regular (non-synthetic) wax (Meugiar's, Eagle One, Turtle, etc.). But, I want protection and shine to last on a truck that's stored outside all the time. I have a detailer who's done some buffing for me that many waxes don't last more than a month due to the heat here.

On the other hand, a good synthetic gives me months of protection from tree sap (neighbors have tall crepe myrtles), bugs, and sun, and the Liquid Glass simply leaves my truck looking amazingly shiny. I also find it easier to apply and remove than most typical waxes, but maybe that's just me.

Old 08-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
f-150_91, Basically you mentioned the two main cons and pros. Appearance differences and Durability Differences.

The other is availability. Carnauba waxes are usually easier to find than synthetic in stores. Still, you'll have to mail order both the good carnaubas and the good synthetics so that really isn't an issue.

Old 08-18-2002, 03:38 PM
I've really learned over the past few years that products like Quik Detailer and Quik Wax will really help make your carnuba wax last longer. I try to use Quik Detailer an minimum of 2 times a week....but I wax the truck at least monthly. I'm not sure there is any magic in keeping a vehicle looking good. It's time and hard work.

Old 08-18-2002, 11:35 PM
tks guys for replies and info. all replies are more than welcome

Quick Reply: synthetic vs. carnuba