meguires sucks....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meguires sucks....

i did a bad thing today...i tried a different wax and paid the price....i stripped off my eagle one and used meguires cleaner wax and yes the pad was black when i finished applying it (and my truck is dark torridor red) but i could not get this oily residue off the surface...changed buffer pad twice and it still wouldnt come off...was going to do a application of meguires gold class on sunday but i may just strip off the other and go back to my eagle one...any suggestions?

Old 08-18-2002, 12:43 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting. I've **NEVER** had **ANY** problems with that product.

I wonder if a 'dud' made it out of the factory.

I love meguiars and use their products almost exclusively. I'm not sure what to tell you...

Good luck

RP

Old 08-18-2002, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the pad is black and your truck is red, then it is stripping off a lot of contamination... Actually, were you hitting the trim on your truck? Hitting the trim with the pad will make it black, which is why I normally take the trim off on cars.

I did a cleaner wax on a white car today. The car went from white with a yellowish tint back to a white car. Car needed more than a cleaner wax though but atleast it was actually white now.

I've never had a problem with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. I actually like it a lot. I just don't have any place locally that I know of that I can get it in a gallon. Plus, I like the miracle wax.

Cleaner wax is somewhat difficult to use though and I know the oily residue you are talking about. I can get the oily residue with almost all cleaner wax. Applying a cleaner wax to a hot surface will give you the oily residue. Not letting the cleaner wax fully dry will give you the oily residue. Make sure you let it haze completely.

To get rid of the oily residue I usually use a quick detailer. You could just wash your truck again. That would get rid of the dust from the buffing of the wax and the oily residue.

Putting a coat of gold class on may also remove the oily residue.

Old 08-18-2002, 01:15 PM
thanks Intel...

i had already gone and washed the truck this a/m before i saw your post and it seems to have washed away what was there.....
i had washed the truck saturday at 4 A.M. (my nieghbors love me) and had it waxed before the sun came up so i may have not let it haze all the way....i,ll wait until next weekend and apply the classic gold after a good wash....and i know to stay away from the trim so that was truly enviromental grime on the paint so i see that it did a better job than E/1 to get that off...say while i have your attention..what can i do about the trim around the back window ..it seems to be fading from the sun and nothing seems to bring back the color to it...thanks

Old 08-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinyl Dye.

I know Plasti-coat make some and so does Pro. Check Home Depot, Pepboys, autozone, or a similar store for some.

Old 08-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never had a problem with the stuff either.

Old 08-18-2002, 03:35 PM
It is the one thing I have learned about Meguiar's Waxes, you really do have to let them haze before taking them off or it will drive you crazy getting the film off. Unfortunately I know this from experience. But it is the same with the Cleaner Wax, the Gold Class Wax, and especially with the #26 High Tech Yellow Wax.

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2002, 12:41 AM
thanks guys..

had a company get together tonight and everyone saw the truck and commented on it...hell some of the kids were playing with the reflections like those circus mirrors...the cheby guys were jelois,one said it looked mex...nope just me

Quick Reply: meguires sucks....