Liquid Glass = Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Liquid Glass = Amazing

I just used that Liquid Glass stuff yesterday. I dawned her, dryed her, then a nice coat of "the glass". That stuff is just plain awsome, it came off easy as hell and left a mirror of a black truck behind. I did use a little detailer wipe after it "baked on" for a bit. And get this,,, when I finished I had to drive to Brandon, and wouldnt you know it rained! (I hate FL sometimes) Anyhow, I was super pissed but to my suprise my truck was 98% spotless and shiny as all hell this morning. Gotta love it

Old 09-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like some good stuff

Old 09-16-2002, 07:29 PM
When I use it, it makes my truck look great.

Old 09-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Thumbs up

I found out after using Liquid Glass that your vehicle does not get as dirty after it rains.... it is like the dirt just slides off with the rain. There is never as much road film on my truck after using LG. I think it is a terrific product.

Old 09-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Im still amazed with it, its been 3 days since I used it and it has rained twice and she is still 90% or so clean. If I spent 10 min with some lite detailing spray she would look like I just waxed her. Still very shiny and the color is nice and deep. hmmm ..I wonder what 2 coats would have done?

Old 09-17-2002, 04:58 PM
liquid glass

can i put twon coats of LG polish on my truck, then finish wiht a coat of meguairs GOld wax and still expect a great shine?

Old 09-17-2002, 05:10 PM
Thumbs up

Yeah, actually thats even better. The normal wax will help with swirl marks as long as you buff it off with a low speed orbital. If you try to use a towel and do it by hand it will probably make it worse. If you have a dark paint color I suggest you pick up some Meguairs quick detailer wipe to help with any streaking, but there shouldnt be much of that.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:53 AM
Have any of you compared this with the Meguire's, Mother's or 3M multi stage products? That is what I have always used on my cars, but I just picked up a new truck yesterday and I am wondering if it might be time to switch.

Old 09-18-2002, 10:12 AM
I have used every wax on earth made by those companies. They do work very well but I can achieve the same result with one coat of LG. The 3m kit for dark colors is what I used last but even it isnt as good IMO, and its a lot more work do it right. Just try it out, youll see what I mean. I would do 2 coats with 40 min dry time in between, make sure you dawn or clay it 1st.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor

hey brandon what? I used to live in brandon mississippi.

Old 09-19-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by PENNYWISE_88
I have used every wax on earth made by those companies. They do work very well but I can achieve the same result with one coat of LG. The 3m kit for dark colors is what I used last but even it isnt as good IMO, and its a lot more work do it right. Just try it out, youll see what I mean. I would do 2 coats with 40 min dry time in between, make sure you dawn or clay it 1st.
Yea, those 3 stages are a ton of work, but up until now I was always told they were the best, and they are definately miles above a single stage cleaner/wax.

Thanks for the advice all, I will probably have to give the LG a try as soon as it stops raining.

Old 09-19-2002, 10:20 AM
brandon here in florida, its between new tampa and riverview

Old 09-20-2002, 11:23 PM
i wouldn't suggest waxing over LG. for the zero to slightly any better results you would get, its not worth the extra effort involved. Remember you CANNOT!!! glass over wax. it won't bond right. this means that every time you want to glass the truck again, you'd have to strip all the wax, and risk stripping some of the glass also, and just wasting all that hard work. Instead of doing a coat of wax overtop, just put another coat of LG instead. just my .02$

i've been using LG for the past 2 years on my 00 HD truck and got tons and tons of compliments. i recently switched to zaino cuz its a step above LG IMO, so if you want a really killer shine and protection, you may want to consider them. Otherwise LG is an awsome product in itself.

Quick Reply: Liquid Glass = Amazing