Zaino Question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Question?

I used the Zaino system on my black truck. Cleaner, 1 coat of Z-5 and two coats of Z-2. It shines pretty well, but how good is it suppose to protect the paint. It rained once and I get the streaks below the ext. cab windows. Then I have to apply the polish again to get rid of it. When I used Zymol, I did not have that problem for at least 6 months until the Zymol wore off. Also after using the Zaino, when I wash my truck, there seems to be a film on the truck. Everybody compliments me on my truck, since I used Zaino, but how can I stop the streaks below the windows.
Thanks,
Craig

Old 09-26-2002, 10:45 PM
Hopefully either Intel486 or Harley #356 will be by. They may be able to better answer your question.

I am no expert on Zaino and I have a silver truck and use Zaino and love it. Never had any problems with it streaking or anything. One thing that comes to mind, and I may be wrong, but I will give it a shot.

Did you use ZFX with your Z-2? It helps it set-up much faster then without it. With the ZFX you can usally buff it off about 15 mins after you put it on. You can put up to 3 coats in one day with the ZFX, without it your suppose to wait I believe like 7-8 hours with a temp of 70 deg. or higher before the next coat.

So if your were not using the ZFX and tried to put another coat on before the first one had time to properly bond to the paint may give you the streacking problem.

Was the fisrt coat given enough time to haze? If not that would cause the Zaino to smear and then maybe cause the problems you have.

I can't think of anything else, and again I may be off base and someone will be by to correct me.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:17 PM
i have 7 coats of zaino on my truck now. 4 of z5 and 3 of z2. I also used zfx and z6. I have no trouble with streaks at all. Did you happen to use some back to black or something on your trim? that stuff is notorious for streaking and stuff.

Old 10-03-2002, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure what to say.

Do you clean around the extended cab window everytime you wash?

I've been using Klasse Sealant Glaze topped with P21S and don't have any problems.

I know carnauba seems to sheet water and stay cleaner a little better that these synthetics.

Old 10-03-2002, 10:28 PM
Harley#356:

WOW, is that Zaino on your truck? If it is, the things I read about Zaino being for lighter colors and not dark sure were WRONG.

Looks AWESOME

Intel486: "Not sure what to say."

Wow, if Intel486 isn't sure what to say then "its a problem" this guy has like DECADE's of experence, must be like 60 years old or something

Oh, by the way, I don't think Harley really drives that truck in the picture. I bet he keeps it in a dust free, sealed from the enviorment garage of some type... you can't see them but in the background there are like 5 25hp fans that are blowing on high speed which keep even the smallest of dust particles away from his truck. The fans are so powerful that if a bird was to practice "supersonic waste managment" while flying over his truck the fans would blow the "bird waste" like 100 yards past the truck, truck would never be hit...

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 10-03-2002 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:24 PM
Well, I'm actually not too sure what he's talking about. I've see actual stains in the paint below those ext. cab windows and I've also seen streaking from dirt, which just washes away.

Carnauba seems to stay clean better than synthetics for some reason. Might be the reason right there. Went from Zymol to Zaino.

Old 10-04-2002, 03:08 PM
thanks 01 XLT Sport! No i don't have a garage though. No carport or car cover either. But i'm getting a cali car cover storm weave cover soon. Drive the truck every day...25K miles on it. And yes that is zaino on the truck and the pics don't do it justice! Only had 3 coats in that pic also.

I think people misunderstand when people say zaino is better for lighter colors. I was one of those people before then i realized,..Yeah, zaino might be the better polish between Z and K for a ligher color, and K might be the better polish for dark colors, BUT they look friggin AMAZING on any color!!! Its not like Z will make the truck look worse than a white truck with Z...black looks the best when clean IMO. And the reason i chose Z over K was i like the Z system better than K, and i am nothing short of amazed with the results and can't expect much more.

here's some pics of after i did 4 coats of Z where you can really see the shine and reflection!
http://www.fordtruckworld.com/mygall...61&album=10557
http://www.fordtruckworld.com/mygall...61&album=10554

here's the link to that whole gallery... http://www.fordtruckworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3961

thanks again for the compliment!

Trending Topics

Old 10-08-2002, 09:20 AM
It's not the Zaino that is streaking. Everytime it rains, the finish dulls underneath the extended cab windows. It's like the polish is completely washed off. Everytime I wash my truck, I make sure I wash underneath the window everytime. I put a couple more coats of Z2 on it. So we will see what happens. When I used Zymol, I did not have this problem.
Thanks,
Craig

Old 10-08-2002, 11:24 AM
That's an odd problem. Wonder what it is. Can you get picture of it the next time it happens?

So this stuff can't be wiped away by say, wiping your finger across it? It is like it has stripped zaino away?

Old 10-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Yeah it's like it has been stripped away. The Zymol will last about 6 months until the streaking starts again. The only way to get rid of the streaks is to polish it again. I know the Zaino makes it look great, but is it really protecting the finish? I will put the Zymol on one side and leave the Zaino on the other and compare the two. it just sucks to have to polish the rear extended cab doors every time it rains.
Thanks,
Craig

Quick Reply: Zaino Question?