dealer sticker

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup, i had a sticker on my back window, but it started to fade and when i pulled it off it left a mess on the window. goo gone took it right off. smells good too

Old 11-23-2002, 12:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Mine had no less than THREE dealer stickers on it!! I took them off with a product called Sticker Shock. I might have left one on, but they were a HUGE white vinyl cowboy hat with the name underneath. I hope the three stickers didn't mean I was the third owner of my truck??,,,,98

Old 11-25-2002, 10:45 PM
I used Goo Gone. and the waxed it

Old 11-27-2002, 12:01 PM
The adhesive they use now isn't as strong as the stuff they used to use. I've peeled one of my wife's car and one of her sister's car without using anything. I used to work at AVIS, and occasionally a car would come back w/ a bumper sticker on it. We would just peel them off - I've never seen a sticker peel off paint in more than 10 years. Sometimes the adhesive will be left behind (though typically not) - you can get buy an adhesive remover or just use soapy water and scrub on it with a soft clean cloth.

Old 11-27-2002, 12:10 PM
My tailgate doesn't have a dealer sticker, it has a one of the metal name tags of the dealer. I figure it is riveted on or something. I haven't looked what all is involved in removing it.
I am thinking it may be more trouble than it is worth.

Old 11-27-2002, 08:20 PM
even if its metal, its probably just stuck on with double sided tape just like the emblems. I doubt they'd go to the extra trouble of drilling holes on every single vehicle they get in for the dealer tag rather than just slapping a emblem on with tape

welcome to the site btw

Old 11-27-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the information Harley.

Old 11-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Hopefully not!! But this thread came to mind, don't ask me how I remembered it. Something like this sticks in your mind, ,,,,98

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Alaska

Old 11-27-2002, 09:40 PM

well an easy way to find out is to just call or go to the dealer and ask if you can have an extra dealer emblem. They probably won't mind giving you one cuz its advertising for them then you can see if it has any posts and then just chuck it. Or stick it on the salesman car and see how he likes a bunch of stuipid emblems on it

Old 11-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I took the one that was on my truck off with the help of a hair dryer... heat er' up... peel er' off. Simple.

RP

Old 11-30-2002, 01:38 AM
What is it with dealers and their stupid stickers? Where I bought my truck these guys like wait out their and when they come off the delivery truck they stand by reading to slap them puppies on.

They should offer a discount to have it on there since your advertising for them. I took mine off the day I got it home. What was funny is when I went in to get the free first oil change is when they were done I went to get it and they put another sticker on it. The truck was a bit dirty but boy it was clean in the area the sticker was.

I went inside and asked WTF was with the stupid sticker they put on. The guy tells me, "oh, we just thought someone forgot to put it on there" "It's suppose to be there". I asked "will I get a ticket if its not there". He laughs and says of course not. I tell him, good take the damn thing OFF...

Old 11-30-2002, 11:09 AM
kinda the same thing with my truck. I took the truck in to get them to change the rear emblem from "f150" to a "harley davidson f150" emblem, cuz us 00 HD owners just got a regular f150 emblem on the tailgate for some reason, and since the HD emblem is bigger, they had to take the dealer sticker off. When they drove the truck back from the shop over to the showroom, the guy was just getting ready to put another sticker on the tailgate, and i told him to put that sticker you know where

looks soo much cleaner w/o it.

Old 12-01-2002, 11:53 AM
A hair dryer and some bug remover worked for my on a clear decal on my tailgate.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Sorry to bump this long-past thread to the top, but I had a comment. I did a search to find out how to removed mine and found this thread, and the linked "Alaska" thread. And I have a comment.

I think this free advertisement thing is a load of crap. I always hated mine, I finally got tired of it, especially after I had bad experiences with my dealer's service dept. I think next time I buy a new vehicle I'm going to take a multi-bit screwdriver, portable hair dryer and Goo-Gone. Then I'm going to take all the dealer advertisements off my truck while it's still on the lot, in front of the salesman, right after paying/taking delivery. Then I'll tell the salesman that if the dealership wants to put some back on, I'll sign a contract with them where they pay me advertising rent.

Anyway, just an idea. I figured some of you might also like it. If anyone does this before I get to, I'd love to hear the story.

Old 08-14-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by ucfperspicere
...Then I'll tell the salesman that if the dealership wants to put some back on, I'll sign a contract with them where they pay me advertising rent. ...

My truck had it on there when I went to the lot to look at it. It still had the shipping paper on teh hood and doors and had 3 miles on it, but they already had it stickered.

I told my salesmen I would walk away if the sticker was still on it when I took delivery. Under no condition did I want to advertize for the dealer. I cannot say enough good things about them, they did and continue to treat me very well but am nota billboard. When I arrived, the sticker was gone, no problem, no questions.

Back in the day, my family used to buy 2 brand new Dodge conversion vans each year from the same dealer. In the "additional comments" section of the order form, my grandfather always wrote something like this: "If, upon time of delivery inspection, customer finds emblem or marking on exterior of vehicle that was not placed there by the manufacturer and/or advertizes for the dealer, dealer agrees to discount vehicle purchace price in the amount of $2,000 and will remove said marking or emblem without prejudice." He always made the manager initial it in agreement.

He saved $2,000 a total of 3 times over about 10 years. The dealer never said a word, just ate it. When someone is spending $40-$50K a year at your dealership, you are nice to them But the bottom line was that it was awritten contract and he would have won in court and they knew it.

I will pass out my dealer's business cards all day long to anyone who asks, but I will not be their billboard no matter how much I like them (unless I get a free truck, then we will talk about a license plate frame).

Quick Reply: dealer sticker