dealer sticker

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took mine off the minute I got into the driveway of my house after getting the truck. If they want to pay me by the hour for driving with their sticker on my truck then I will leave it on, but otherwise no way.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:52 PM
My dad's new truck didn't come with one, gee I wonder why

Old 06-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Sorry to bump this old thread... but I was wondering if the paint is affected (from the sun/elements) in any way once the dealer sticker is removed. I got my truck last november and am getting sick and tired of looking at the ugly thing on my tailgate! If the paint will be fine, I will take it off asap. Also, once it is removed, is it a good idea to wax?

Old 06-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by GotTorque?04
Sorry to bump this old thread... but I was wondering if the paint is affected (from the sun/elements) in any way once the dealer sticker is removed. I got my truck last november and am getting sick and tired of looking at the ugly thing on my tailgate! If the paint will be fine, I will take it off asap. Also, once it is removed, is it a good idea to wax?
This is all going to be contengent upon what type of condition you've kept your paint in... did you buy the truck new?

As for the wax, ABSOLUTELY.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
I bought the truck brand new. The only imperfections in the paint are on the driver side front panel. My lovely dealer never used a tarp when they were working on my truck and scuffed up the paint. Just another reason why I will never buy from them again

Old 06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
I know this is going to sound totally bizaar but I also heard or read somewhere that mayo works good. Now before you call me a weirdo (ok I am but) just put some mayo on the sticker and let it sit for like 5 min and then try to peel it off, if I remember correctly it should come off with little or no trouble, something to do with the oil in it I believe.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GotTorque?04
I doubt it will be a problem. I removed mine on my truck when it was 2 and 1/2 years old. You can't see it in the paint at all and it's a dark blue.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Intel486
I doubt it will be a problem. I removed mine on my truck when it was 2 and 1/2 years old. You can't see it in the paint at all and it's a dark blue.
Good to know, as you can see in my sig I also have dark blue F150 Just add this project to the pile for this weekend

Last edited by GotTorque?04; 06-25-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: dealer sticker