zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALLSCREW:

About the no use's Zaino from the people you talk to. Maybe its an Amsoil thing. Some people love it, but not many people you know around you have heard of it or use it.

Zaino is a secret, shhhhhhh... when everyone else is having to was/polish their trucks this summer every month or so, and I sit back and watch, but my truck still looks as good or better and they ask me how I do it. I tell them I sweat my *** off doing it every two weeks. Then I sit back and watch them do it every two weeks....

Shhhhhhhhh, keep the secret...

Old 11-05-2002, 12:45 PM
I never heard of amsoil.What is it ? The one's I hear them talk about is Mother's & Meg's.

Old 11-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Good lord all the replies, LOL

I hear all the time about how sweet zaino looks after it's completed, hell just look at Harley#356's truck. Or anybody else's truck that uses zaino. There is a guy in my college, has a 89 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham, and it's all "pimped" out. He uses zaino on it and all I can say wow!! LOL I mean this thing looks gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So it seems like zaino will last a while but what bothers is me is after a few washes it looks like $h!t?????? Or is that just someones opnion????? If that really is the case then, I'll just stick with my Meguiars professional

Also, has anyone ever heard of Super Gloss ULTIMATE???? her check this out

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....rtfamilyid/549

FALLSCREW,

Amsoil is a company that makes high performance synthetic oil for all veichles. They make some really good stuff and it don't come cheap. They also make bypass filters for cars and trucks for better oil filtration in the engine. They make fuel system cleaners, air filers, and other various items for your veichle. There is some ppl on here that use Amsoil in there trucks and I do to. I have never had any problems. I jsut recently bought a 93 Ranger and when it comes time to change the oil, I will use Amsoil in it. Here check them out

www.amsoil.com

Tks guys for all the help and replies.

Last edited by f-150_91; 11-05-2002 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FALLSCREW
My other concern is why when I talk to body shop people & detail people here and even at the Ford show where I took my Mustang Gt to and we all were talking about polishes / waxes to keep thing's looking good , No one uses Zaino. I just find that strange,but who know's maybe they never tried it or heard of it.
I see that a lot!

I'll see an awesome car and ask the person questions about his amazing paintjob. Most of them use simple carnauba as their wax. Most admit paying a huge amount of money for the paintjob though Which brings me to by one point, Wax isn't everything, Paint Quality is!

A lot of people with factory paintjobs also use good ole' carnauba. Their is never one perfect wax. Every wax is different. Pick what you like.

Try something, like it, use it, find something else you like, then start using it.

Old 11-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Hmmm I believe Harley#356 is a Zealot.
i think i need help. LoL

but if i needs more upkeep on everyday drivers, i dont think ill use it on my Ford cause the Ford is occassionally dirty
Green, i found that it actually takes alot less upkeep than any other wax or polish i've used before on my trucks. The innitial process is alot, but you should do all that for any polish or wax. After that, just throw on a coat when you feel like it, its alot easier than a wax to apply and take off i think, then when ya wanna wash it, just hit it with the z6 quick detailer when your done (takes about 10 minutes at most) and the truck looks like it was just polished

My other concern is why when I talk to body shop people & detail people here and even at the Ford show where I took my Mustang Gt to and we all were talking about polishes / waxes to keep thing's looking good , No one uses Zaino. I just find that strange,but who know's maybe they never tried it or heard of it.
Probably cuz they don't advertise or sell it in stores and only have a few distributers. But i heard about it on the different forums i'm on, and people who aren't online probalby wouldn't know about it that much

I tell them I sweat my *** off doing it every two weeks. Then I sit back and watch them do it every two weeks....
ROFLMAO!!!

what bothers is me is after a few washes it looks like $h!t??????
f-150_91, i find this to be totally the opposite. I haven't polished my truck in over a month. Its probably been washed 4 times since then and still looks as good, if not better than the day i polished it. If you use the z6 quick detailer when your done washing it, i think it looks like it was just polished. At the HDFOG meet at mikes famous last weekend, a few of the people came up and asked me when the last time i polished the truck cuz it looked awsome. They were suprised when i told them over 3 weeks ago and i just washed it and QD's it that morning and drove it there and that was it, then they had to get the whole zaino speech from me. LoL

Old 11-05-2002, 07:31 PM
Tks Harley for clearing that up LMFAO @ Xlt Sport that's hilarious dude!!!! I also must ask, what is a zealot????? I know LOL @ me but I have to ask this. 91

Old 11-05-2002, 09:00 PM
f-150_91:

I will second what Harley#356 said "i find this to be totally the opposite" about the Zaino looking like crap after a few washes. I think I stated in this thread, maybe another that its been about 3 months since my last coat of Zaino. I wash my truck at least once a week, so about 16 washes since the last coat. It still has an awesome shine to it, I would say no change at all, but to be honest I don't know that for sure since "if" it did loose any shine it would be hard to tell. What I can say is it still gets compliments, and people still "think" I wax once a week and that I am **** with my truck because of how good it looks. I am sure Harley, Intel and others get the same reaction. Most people I know don't really pay much attention to their own cars/trucks.

Myself I love Zaino, but I would agree with Intel there are alot of good waxes and polishes one can use and love the results as much as I do my Zaino.

For myself, the leading factor other then the shine and durability of Zaino is I do not have to use a buffer to get the shine like others may have to with other products. Now that is not a bad thing, but for me, and I have stated this before I am the biggest wussy to try a buffer on my paint in fear of possible damage.

I am new to the type of detailing I have been doing with my truck. If someone were to ask me "what polish should I use, that don't need a buffer for a great shine" I would recommend Zaino. With a buffer I would tell them I love Zaino but there are other products Intel recommends.

Looks like crap after rain and dew = myth
Looks like crap after a few washes = myth

That is based on personal experence.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, keep the secret...

Old 11-05-2002, 09:33 PM
looks better on lighercolors than darker colors....myth (looks great on BOTH)
hard to apply/remove...myth!
takes forever to do and upkeep...myth!
Costs a bunch of money....sorta but you get a ton of stuff with it (carwash, claybar, quickdetailer, tireshine, etc. etc.)

and yes, i've never used a buffer before, and i'm too scared to try

I also must ask, what is a zealot????? I know LOL @ me but I have to ask this.
a zealot is like a fanatic or entusiast, etc. LoL

Old 11-05-2002, 10:43 PM
so in otherwords were all kinda zealots about our F-150's!!!!! LOL some are zealots about there rangers Tks Harley

Old 11-05-2002, 11:04 PM
Thanks Harley for the additional myths... Good your around so when I forget some...

I want to be a zealot its sounds more important, but my daughter continues to call me **** about my truck. Not sure if thats good or bad...

Old 11-05-2002, 11:45 PM
I doubt **** would be the right word to use in this subject. I like zealot better, IMO lol which is nothing wrong with that. I remember back when we had our old neighbors in my township. the guy would wash his cars everyday, No Bs they weren;t expensive cars, If I remember right he had an Intrepid, and a BroncoII. Both in immaculate shape and not only would he wash them everyday, but one yr he washed them on Christmas Day MORNING!!!! I am not BS'ing!!!! he was out there, 9:00 boots all suited up washing the both of them. I can understand about being a zealot and I think I speak for the rest of us about being zealots with our trucks! but my neighbor took it to the extremes. Oh well, takes all kinds LOL

Old 11-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Ok guy's, I did'nt mean to bash any of you for using Zaino. Like I said it's a great product ,but I personally have better luck & am happier with using the Meg's or Coat's product's. I'm still going to keep trying different stuff like I alway's have through the year's just looking for the perfect wax/polish (which I'm sure will never happen). But I'll have fun trying.

Once again , sorry if I offended any of you Zaino fan's but I was just sharing my experience's and view point's with you all.

Fall

Old 11-06-2002, 08:47 AM
FALLSCREW:

No offence taking at all. From what I here Meg's is an excellent product. I don't really think Intel recommends Zaino, if so it's not on the top of his list and I have alot of respect for Intel, and I am not offended by that either. I think it's great alot of people can come here and get different opinions and prospectives from others experience's.

For me I love using the Zaino, but that is just me. I don't think I am better then others who don't use Zaino but I love to give my opinin of Zaino when the chance arises.

I wish I had just a little of Intel's or Harley's experience so I could offer more suggestions. But I will leave that to the pro's.

Anyway, feel free to voice your opinion on this or any subject and not worry about getting put down. We all learn from others experience's

Oh, I was informed last night by my daughter that I DON'T get to be a zealot. I am still ****

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 11-06-2002 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:12 AM
thanks 356 and intel ill look into zaino but the cost is a little high for me

Old 11-06-2002, 10:18 AM
Mine is all black and all Zaino. It is great stuff. Lasts a lot longer than wax and easy to apply and remove. I never understood the people that claim it is hard to use. You do not have to rub or anything. It just wipes off. My guess is these people are using too much. A little goes a long way.

Quick Reply: zaino