zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LarietRyder be sure and post a thread so i can see what you think of it compared to other stuff. If you can post pics. Thanks
-Patrick

Old 11-06-2002, 09:49 PM
Green_98, no problemo I'll let you know what I think of the CWW. I've been using the Zaino for 2 1/2 years. I'm kinda looking foward to trying something new....

Old 11-06-2002, 09:50 PM
coo

Old 11-06-2002, 11:52 PM
yeah, i've heard good stuff about CWW also. Might try that when i get my ranger. not sure yet. i heard its not as durable though It does look great from teh pics i've seen though

wow i just added up the cost of Z 1,5,6 and it came up to $42.80
this is one area that i do not go cheap on. my order cost me about 120 bucks if you include in the towells and washmit. I got z2, z5, z6, z7, z12, z16, z18, and zfx. But it'll last me at least a year cuz you use such a little amount of product and it lasts so long. I don't mind spending a little more money when it comes to keeping my truck looking nice and keeping it protected. 120 bucks every year or two isn't alll that much to keep my 33k (35 with mods) truck that i'll be paying on for 6 years looking good Comes out to 33 cents a day, so not that bad IMO

but i'm not saying you should use zaino, just posting....as you can tell..i'm a post *****. LoL. There are lots of great products out there, just gotta find one that best suits your needs.

Old 11-07-2002, 01:09 AM
I have been using coats product's (CCW) for about 2 year's.
I really like it & shine's good. Easy on/off. They also make a product called Miracle Mist (spray detailer)type stuff. It is excellent!! I bought a gallon of CCW for about $22.00 and a gallon of the miracle mist for about $16.00. They also have some other product's like Mild-buff & Swirl-less that's a polish type & that is supposed to work very well with the CCW.

Old 11-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Yes I have seen that CCW, looks very nice I must say but it also says in the site that they apply it to there PT crusier every 2 months, and the QD every week??? Either that stuff is not very durable or there just real zealots about there PT cruiser, lol! This is great too!!!! All these replies!!!! I'm loving this!!!!!! LOL! keep it goin

Old 11-07-2002, 01:57 PM
Zaino vs. Liquid Glass vs. Cherry Wet

well i like the idea of a gallon of the Cherry Wet and that it goes on thin. I think thats where ill end up going is the Coats products. My truck sits i the barn in the winter under a cover so i wont need salt protection, just UV protection during summer. I can easily wax it every 2-3 weeks in the summer and use the mist inbetween. Im still thinkin of liquid glass though......hmm....does CWW shine more than LQ+Meguiars Gold Class?

Old 11-07-2002, 02:53 PM
Green 98,
Hey how does the Meg's Gold Class compare to the Meg's #26 Hi-tech yellow wax ? Have you used both ?

Old 11-07-2002, 03:46 PM
havnt used #26 but the GOld class clear coat reflective wax + quik detailer = good shine. I just want more!! thats why im considering CWW, LG, or Z. but Gold class is good!

Old 11-07-2002, 08:48 PM
I'm using Meguiars #26 right now, althought I don't know IF I want to stick with it as I'm still exploring new polishes and waxes out there I must say I am impressed with Meguiars too and I would reccommend it anyone. I have not tried LG, zaino, or CCW yet, as soon as meguiars runs out I'll propably go after LG next, then CCW then Zaino. Keep it going!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Old 11-08-2002, 06:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This whole Zaino vs. everything else thing is very entertaining - and healthy I guess. I'm very picky about what goes on my truck, but I'm also pretty limited as to how much time I can spend waxing it and how many times a month I can do it. I've used LG, CWW, Collonite, Dolphinite and just about eveything else out there at one time or another.

Until I recently switched to Zaino, I was a confirmed Collonite fan. (Medium-hard to put on, sometimes a royal pain to take off, but lasted pretty well.) Now I'm sold on Zaino. I have to agree with a number of you, nothing looks like a Zaino shine. As for application, I can do a whole two-step application in about an hour. How long does it last? The longest I've gone is 3 months and it was still beading water and I always hand wash my truck.(You'll see why in a minute.) Cost is in line with the other stuff I mentioned earlier. That's my two cents!

Now, a word about beading water being an indicator of how long a product lasts. For those of you that run through automatic car washes, you can toss this one out the window. Want to know why? Most automatic car washes apply a "liquid wax" as part of the final rinse. That's right, every time you go through, most of your wax gets removed, then they apply a quick coat of their stuff. (If you don't believe me, the Delta Sonic car washes here in Rochester mark the type of wash you request on your windshield with a wax pencil when you pay. A guy at the entrance of the wash then looks at that informatin & programs the appropriate wash cycle in. When you pop out the other side, it's been completely removed!) Boy, this ought to start somethig big!

Old 11-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Green98 & f150 91,
Thank's for the info on the #26 & Gold class. I agree Meg's does mfg. some excellent stuff. The reason I asked is I called my step-son who work's as a car painter (high end stuff,BMW,Benz,Lexus,ect...) they also have a detail center there and asked what the use & he told me that for any type of compounding they use 3M product's & for swirls,polishing,waxing they use Meg's product's. I asked about the wax & told him that I have used Meg's #26 and like it alot,but he said for wax they only use the Gold Class. I have never tried the Gold class ,but he said it's one of the best shine's & most durable for a wax.

You all should see this body shop & detail center. I just about wetted my pant's when I walked in there. This place is the ultimate. A dream for us polish & wax geek's.

2stroked,
I go to a carwash every week and often wondered about that,but I would guess they all do stuff different. I'm sure the wax pencil is not the same type as car wax , but you brought up a good point & something to think about.

Old 11-08-2002, 10:53 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FALLSCREW
I have never tried the Gold class ,but he said it's one of the best shine's & most durable for a wax.
Well, if the prep work is done right, there it is tough to tel la difference between many waxes. But, Gold Class sucks. It looks fine for about a week. Wash it once, and it loks liek it needs another coat. Maybe it was still protecting, but it didn't look as good as when first applied. I am much happier with S100/P21S. It looks better longer on my dailiy driven vehicles.

Old 11-08-2002, 01:21 PM
If i put a couple coats of CWW on my truck, would meguairs quik detailer make it look ok, or would i have to buy the coats product of the mist-n-shine?

Old 11-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Green 98,

IMHO, I like to match products with products. I'm sure the quick detailer will keep it looking fantastic especially with CWW on there. May I suggest that using Meguiars #34 Final Inspection does a real nice job too. IT's a little better than the quik detailer and it's the professional line, but that's just me man If I was in your shoes, so to speak, I would use the mist n shine they have as it matches up with the CWW. Hope this helps ya!

Quick Reply: zaino