zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question zaino

Hey guys,

I hear alot about how well zaino can shine on a veichle, I believe it too, it is fantastic!!! However, just how durable is it though??? I mean $12.95 for an 8oz bottle of one of there polishes, sheeesh! Can it withstand all the crap mother nature has in her atmosphere or do you have to apply it like every other month or something???? Tks guys

Old 11-03-2002, 11:09 PM
Ziano

im sure that it will protect but for a everyday drivingl like we do in our trucks, why spend all that money for that little bit of extra shine that ziano provies? Use Nu Finish then meguiars Gold Class then Quick detailer for touchups. Will give a good shine and wont kill your wallet when it rains.
Just my opinion.
-Patrick

Old 11-03-2002, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should protect. Most people here apply it every month or week or so, so I can't really get a good reading on the durability.

I can tell you Klasse Sealant Glaze lasted 6 months w/ weelk (sometime twice a week) washings. It was still beading at 6 months but that is where I stripped the truck and polished it up.

Remember prep work is everything for getting a good shine. Also paint quality. Some of the car shows I've been to everyone uses carnauba. I hardly every see anything Zaino. Some shows I got to I don't see any Z.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Green 98,
I did'nt think you were supposed to use a wax or polish over Nu Finish . I never used Nu Finish,just was under that impression.

What type of product is Nu Finish. I mean I know it's a polish but have you ever heard what prof. detailer's say about it or what body shop people say about it ?

Any input ?

Old 11-04-2002, 03:14 PM
i think the zaino is worth the extra price over a cheap wax. And its not really that expensive, when you look at the amount of product you get, and how far a little bit of it goes, and how long it lasts. And the results are definately noticible! I can do a coat on my entire truck (tonneau and all) with just under an ounce of the zaino. Its been on there for about a month and it still looks like the day it was applied if i wash it. I'm going to do 3 more coats this weekend just to finish it up for the winter since i have a long weekend this week, but i probably won't redo it again until march or so cuz the cold weather. The zaino is definately more durable than LG was, and it should be more durable than any type of wax also, because it is a synthetic. The reason you read about so many guys applying multiple coats of zaino like every 2 weeks or a month is cuz its so easy to do, and doesn't take that long, and it looks better all the time. I put my truck in alot of shows, so i want it to always look its best. Sal zaino has said before though, since people think you need a bunch of coats and constant reapplication for shine and protection, that this isn't true. People do it cuz its easy, and looks good. One coat of z5 or z2 should last about 6 months. IMO its worth the money for the zaino, cuz the products last a long time, and you get alot of stuff. Yeah my 1st order cost me 120 bucks, but i got carwash, quickdetailer, z2 polish, z5 polish, 3 applicator pads, zfx, tire shine, window polish, cotton wash mit, and 6 cotton towells. I vote for zaino!

Old 11-04-2002, 04:41 PM
I know that Zaino is a great product because I've used it . You don't have to use very much. I was dissapointed when I did my black Screw with it though. After about 2 week's & 2 carwashes it looked like crap. (this is just my experience & I'm NOT saying it's a bad product). I have done my truck again & my wife's car & my Mustang Gt with it to further evaluate it. I prefer to stay with the Coat's product's or Meg's product's(prof.series) They just seem to work better for me.

That's just my .02
~Fall~

Old 11-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Another vote for Zaino.

I had used Nu Finish before for a short time and found that it only lasted me about 2 - 3 weeks then no more beading of water.

The last coat of Zaino I put on my truck was about 3 months ago, maybe just a bit longer and as my daughter would tell anyone I am **** with my truck, it gets a car wash at least once a week if it needs it or not.

So it has been through approx. 16 - 20 car washes and no difference in beading of water, no difference in shine either.

It is true and I believe in Zaino's lituture it states that the more coats you use the better the shine. Something like up to 5 or 6 coats and it looks awesome. I would however pay attention to what Intel recommends since he is a professional.

I will say this winter will be the test for me with Zaino. Living back east and looking like we will get some good snow this year which will mean plenty of salt on the roads. This means alot of car washes for this **** guy here. I do not intend to apply any more coats of Zaino until spring so I will post an update after winter as to how I think the Zaino did.

Let me also say I am one of, or the biggest wussy as far as buffers go. I just do not trust myself to use one right and not damage my paint. Zaino has put one of the best shines on my truck that I have ever seen and that is also compared to when it was detailed by a pro, I guess, back here. Zaino you do not use a buffer with and from what I understand a buffer won't really make it shine anymore then it does.

Now if you were lucky enough to live next to Intel then you may not want to buy the Zaino, but if your not lucky its something I would highly recommend.

Trending Topics

Old 11-04-2002, 05:54 PM
I was dissapointed when I did my black Screw with it though. After about 2 week's & 2 carwashes it looked like crap.
just a question, but did you prep the surface and all adn strip all the old wax and claybar? and did you use zfx or z1 polish lok?
my trucks black and it looks better than any other black truck i've seen on the road as far as shine goes compared to other waxes. i'm sold on this stuff

Old 11-04-2002, 06:11 PM
Yea ive heard that Zaino will make your truck look like crap when it dews or when it rains. Ive used liquid glass and wow after a rain that water beads right off and it still looks great.
as far as Nu Finish, its just a polish that guarantees a 1 year protection. I tried it out on my moms 97 transport, and by god 16 months later it was STILL beading up like crazy when it rained. I applied another coat about a month ago for this winter. Ive used it and meguiars carnuba wax on my dads car (2001 Corolla) and it makes it look great. I,personally, dont see the use in using these really expensive polishes/waxes (Ziano) unless you show your vehicle or you have too much time/money to spend haha! But as for my restored 53 chevy and 98 Ford, Liquid Glass and Gold Class!

Old 11-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Green_98:

I can respect your opinion on not wanting to spend the money on Zaino. I would respectfully disagree about using Zaino for only show cars. I was very impressed after using Zaino the first time. When it comes to money I am a wee bit TIGHT, and did some research on polishes, waxes etc. In the end I decided to try the Zaino and was very happy. I will say since having Zaino on my truck (color is silver) don't know if color will or will not affect the look, but it has been through many rains and dews and never looked bad at all. To be honest it even looked better with the rain and/or dew.

I myself have found so far it has lasted the longest of any wax or polish I have used, which has not been many mind you. It has outlasted a detailing job that had cost me around $100.00. That one lasted about 2 months and I was disapointed.

Intel, when you moving back east?????

Old 11-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport

Intel, when you moving back east?????
Well, I wouldn't mind some snow...

wait road salt

Old 11-04-2002, 09:58 PM
When it comes to money I am a wee bit TIGHT, and did some research on polishes, waxes etc. In the end I decided to try the Zaino and was very happy
Ditto!

I will say since having Zaino on my truck (color is silver) don't know if color will or will not affect the look
its a big misconception that zaino looks better on lighter colors and not that great on darker colors. i don't know where that came from, but it was probably originally zaino is the best for light colors, and still great for dark colors before it got twisted into its better for just light colors. My latest pics in my gallery can prove that wrong. Nothing looks as good as a clean black truck!

Yea ive heard that Zaino will make your truck look like crap when it dews or when it rains. Ive used liquid glass and wow after a rain that water beads right off and it still looks great.
I'm one of the few on here that has used BOTH zaino and LG. I originally used LG for the 1st 2 years i had my truck. was extremely happy and got tons of compliments on the truck at shows and stuff. I didn't think i'd notice a difference with the zaino. Boy was i wrong!!! I noticed it after just one coat, the truck looked better than it ever did! Deeper shine, more refective, and is more durible than the LG was. LG is still a great product, and i'll probably use it on my ranger when i get one for a daily driver, but Z is most definately a step above in looks, protection, and durability. As for looking like crap after dew....you said you "heard" this. Can't believe everything ya hear. My truck has condensation on it every night here, and dew a few weeks ago all the time, and even sometimes rain, and if the truck was dirty, i couldn't dry it off without a full wash, and the sun dries the water, and there are hardly any water spots at all! The truck looks amazing even when its dirty. i had somebody compliment how great the truck looked and shined yesterday when i was at the movies seeing jack a$$. THe truck hasn't been washed in over a week cuz its been raining and stuff. And no i don't have a garage, carport or carcover.

The zaino is definately a step above LG. LG is great for a daily drive where ya just want shine and protectin, but needs more upkeep than Zaino. I've used both, so know alot of the pro's/con's of them both...especially with a black truck

its not like LG is that much cheaper either. 20 bucks for a bottle of LG polish, or 20 bucks for a bottle of Z polish.

Old 11-05-2002, 12:17 AM
Hmmm I believe Harley#356 is a Zealot.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:32 AM
i might get some Zaino and try it on my stock restored 53 Chevy PIckup, but if i needs more upkeep on everyday drivers, i dont think ill use it on my Ford cause the Ford is occassionally dirty. Thanks

Old 11-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Harley,
I washed it with dawn first on both car's. I used the z5 a few time's then the z-2. Per what Kevin at Zaino told me . ( who by the way was a ***** to me on the phone). When I called back to talk again they said to redo with the zfx or z-1 first and try again.
That was pretty much all I had to hear. I might give it another try in spring though,just to see what happen's.

I love to try different product's and I think Zaino is a good one.
It's just not for me and I think the hype on it is over rated.(It does shine like a mf though) I get good result's with Coats or Meg. product's , so that's what I'll keep using for now . My truck is also kept clean,waxed & shined at all time's ( well most of the time,damn weather).

My other concern is why when I talk to body shop people & detail people here and even at the Ford show where I took my Mustang Gt to and we all were talking about polishes / waxes to keep thing's looking good , No one uses Zaino. I just find that strange,but who know's maybe they never tried it or heard of it.

Quick Reply: zaino