Detailing Products

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at ftw, there was a thread on zaino and how long it lasts and stuff, and sal zaino got in on it and posted that one coat of z2 will last rougly 6 months, whereas a regular wax would last 3 months in the same conditions. From what i've experienced so far with the zaino, i agree that its very durable. The real test though will come this winter going 4-5 months without putting anymore coats on the truck from now until then, but i don't see any problems

And aren't these bananas annoying?
Dancing nanners rock dude! LoL!

Old 11-30-2002, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 XLT Sport, Zaino is a synthetic wax or as some call it a sealant. Sealant can also mean carnauba wax (or the dreaded polymer/carnauba combo, WTH do you call it?), which is why I prefer the term synthetic wax. Just depends on who you are talking with. Paintshop people come to mind.

It is named a polish on the bottle because it is an often confused term. Sal for some reason wanted to help confuse the consumers some more by naming it a polish. People will think, "Hey, I'm polishing my car" when they really are just waxing it, which brings up another point, "Never trust the person who is trying to sell you the product" Liquid Glass is especially bad for that one.

Zaino should last longer because it is a synthetic. Synthetics will usually last longer. I say usually because you can get some synthetics which are called synthetics because they contain silicone, which will simply wash away quickly. The origninal formual of Blackfire comes to mind. A synthetic severaly lacking durability. The new formula is good though. Got a bottle sitting here. Not sure if they are selling it yet though.

Old 11-30-2002, 09:07 PM
I guess I am confused on this one. I would still say Zaino is not a wax since it contains no silicones, carnauba wax or abrasives in it. I don't understand how someone could call it a wax if there is no carnauba wax in it or silicones in it.

Then again I am by no means on expert on this subject. However from the reading I have done I do know like you stated that Zaino is a synthetic, and from personal experience can say it has outlasted all the other waxes I have tried that were store bought hands down. It's been somewhere around 4 months or so since I last put any coats on my truck and it still shines just as if I put a coat on yersterday.

I am by no means not saying the other waxes are not good, or of good quality. I am saying after trying the store bought ones I mentioned before, like Meguiars, both in the bottle and paste, Nufinish, and Turtle wax, both in the bottle and paste, that none of them come close to durability, ease of use, and cost compared to Zaino. They all provide a nice shine, but nothing like Zaino after 5 coats. I have tried the others and they have a good shine but after 2 coats they don't seem to get any deeper or wetter looking.

That may be because I don't use a buffer. I don't need to use a buffer with Zaino and in my opinion it outshines the others, is deeper looking and wetter then the others.

I know you and some others use the real good pro products and highly recommend them, and why not you guys are the pro's when it comes to that.

Myself as a guy that is not a pro detailer, nor has the abilities of one would highly recommend to others like myself Zaino by far simply because it gives a professional look to your truck without buffing, as well as a very deep and wet look to the paint and it last longer then any product sold in the stores, like Wal-mart, autozone etc.

Before I would get a few compliments about my truck looking nice, but after using Zaino people, freinds at work were amazed at how good it looked and wanted to know who I had detail it. I told them what I used and they went and bought Zaino as well. That in and of it self says alot about a product.

Old 11-30-2002, 09:16 PM
I'd consider zaino a synthetic sealant before i'd call it a wax, mainly cuz there is no wax or silicone in it, so why call it a wax

Old 11-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh god... not the zaino debate again...

Old 11-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RockPick
Oh god... not the zaino debate again...
This is a different debate...

Zaino is a "Synthetic Wax." The term fits here. What does Zaino do? It acts like a ture wax, one that contains things like Carnauba, Beeswax, and Montan. It is synthetic though, thus the name "synthetic wax"

The term sealants is sometimes used to refer to anything that seals the paint, thus a carnauab wax can be considered a sealat. Normally I don't even use the term synthetic wax. I like to refer to the wax as what they really are. Pro's Profection is a Amino-Functional Polymer. Klasse Sealant Glaze is an Acrylic.

GOK what zaino is.

Old 11-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Intel486
Klasse SG is the best
I can nod to that!

Old 12-02-2002, 07:38 AM
I HAVE USED ZAINO FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS.IT IS A GOOD PRODUCT AND WILL LAST.I JUST STARTED USING CWW FROM COATS PRODUCTS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO,SO FAR I THINK I LIKE CWW BETTER THAN ZAINO.I JUST ORDERED SOME KLASSE TO TRY.AS FOR TIRE DRESSINGS I USED ZAINO WITH GOOD SUCCESS.I USED BLUE DRESSING FROM COATS,BUT IT DOES SLING OFF.I WILL PROBALLY GO BACK TO ZAINO.I AM GOING TO TRY 303 PROTECTANT ON TIRES.I USE IT ON RUNNING BOARDS,BLACK TRIM.

Old 12-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Tire Dressing--Bleache white, scrub with brush, then apply Armorall Detailers Advantage when dry

wax-Meguiars gold class or cherry wet wax(preferribly cww)
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Detailing Products