Detailing Products

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing Products

What do you guys vote for the best tire dressing? Wax?

Thanks,

Old 11-29-2002, 03:40 PM
wax? I use zaino and its the best stuff i've tried yet by far. Easy on/off, lasts a long time, durable, good protection and awsome shine! A little expensive up front, but it all balances out cuz you get alot of stuff and a little bit goes a long way and it lasts longer than waxes.

For tire shine, hands down no doubt about it Zaino z16 tire dressing. Not saying this cuz i use zaino polish either, cuz i could care less if my tire shine was the same brand as my paint polish, but i've tried dozens and dozens of different tire shines, and all of them had something i didn't like about them. They either sling off, turn brown, don't last, attract dirt, etc. etc., but the zaino does none of these! It lasts a good amount of time, no sling off, no turning brown, no attracting dirt, its not oily (actually like dries on the tires) One coat for low gloss, 2 coats for high gloss.
Its like 20 bucks for a 16 oz. bottle, but a little tiny bit goes a really long way. Its totally worth it! I've been using it since august/September and not even 1/4 of the way through the bottle, and i do double coats for high gloss

Old 11-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Another vote for Zaino. I love how easy it is to use and the awesome shine it provides. It last for a good amount of time as well. I put on my last of 6 coats about 3 - 4 months ago and it still shines as nice as the day I did it.

You didn't say what color your truck is, so in case you hear the myth about Zaino is for light colors but not dark don't worry. Harley can vouch that Zaino is awesome on dark colors as well he has a black truck.

I would also add that you don't need a buffer to use Zaino and even if you did it will do nothing to improve the shine. That is another reason I love the Zaino because I don't like to use a buffer.

Zaino's tire dressing is awesome as well. I find it last longer then anything I used before. For me I don't like the gloss shine and prefer a satin type of shine and it does that excellent. As Harley stated if you want a gloss shine just apply another coat. I think you will be impressed on how well all Zaino products work.

No, I don't sale Zaino or have anything to do with it besides use it I just love the shine, ease of use, and how long it last. If you decide to go the route of Zaino I would also get their car wash and the Z-6 gloss enhancer. You use it between coats and also after you wash it to keep the shine and protection.

You can find more info at Zainobros.com

Old 11-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you're not addicted to Zaino (all of us aren't)...

I highly recommend Meguiars Professional Series Products (Mirror Glaze). Depending on your needs and wants, you can get a comprable shine from a product that is more accessable and also cheaper.

I've done side by side comparisons with a buddy's truck and mine. He uses Zaino, I use Meguiars. Both are dark colored trucks. Mine was just as shiny... just as slick.. and just as protected at the zaino.

Now, please note, I'm not knocking Zaino. It has to be a good product but, I just think it's over rated.

My personal preference in Meguiars products (wax/polish) would be the Premium Paint Protection. Super easy on, super easy off. No buffer needed.

As far as tire dressings are concerned, I'd recommend a product called Vinylex. It's made by the same people that make the Lexol leather conditioner and is a super product. It doesn't make your tires 'glow with shine', just a nice glimmer that isn't over bearing. Best of all, it's pretty good when it comes to not attracting road dirt and brake dust.

Everyone on here will give you a different opinion. Try a few brands, get your own results. Wax is like underwear, everyone likes a different style/feel.

Good luck!

RP

Old 11-29-2002, 05:31 PM
RockPick:

"If you're not addicted to Zaino (all of us aren't)..."

"Super easy on, super easy off. No buffer needed."

Hmmmmmm, its "Super" easy on, and "Super" easy off while Zaino is easy on, easy off. Must be a "super" product

RockPick is right, eveyone has different opinions on wax, polish, tire dressing etc. and you will want to listen, or read all the opinions first before you decide. Myself it took me some time before I decided what I wanted to try and when I made "my" educated guess it was Zaino.

As, RockPick said there are alot of good and excellent products out there. When your ready to step up to the best go for the Zaino, while your waiting try some of the other stuff that's "super" easy on, and "super" easy off....

RockPick know's I respect him and that if he lived near me and I seen a cat walking towards his truck I'd shoot the kitty....

Old 11-29-2002, 07:18 PM
RockPick,
I agree with your opinion.
I like the Meg's. Prof. series line. I also like Coat's product's Cherry wet Wax & Miracle Mist work's very well.

I have used Zaino & I think it is a good product , but it's just not for me . My shine & longevity has been just as good with Coat's & Meg's. Prof. series.

Fall

Old 11-29-2002, 07:35 PM
just a little fyi, zaino is a synthetic, so it doesn't have to be applied as often if you don't want to. It'll last for a good long time, but its so easy and looks great, it gets addicting I've got 9 coats on so far since september.
Sal Zaino has said before that one coat of zaino will last roughly 6 months, whereas one coat of a wax will last around 3 months.
just food for thought
zaino, meguairs, klasse, cww, liquid glass, mothers, etc are all great products. Ya just gotta pick whichever one sounds the best for your needs and give it a shot

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Moderator &

The Dreaded 'WAX DEBATE' -- ISSUE NUMBER 5,873,798

Just my two cents 01XLT... Zaino isn't for me...

MEOW!!! LOL!!!

Old 11-29-2002, 10:48 PM
RockPick:

I know my friend, but you left it open with the "super" so I just had to respond. This post would be longer but I got to do some Zaino...

Old 11-30-2002, 01:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yhea, you can discuss a lot of stuff but not what is the best wax because in realtiy, Zaino sucks and Klasse SG is the best out there!

Last edited by Intel486; 11-30-2002 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:26 AM
Ok, ok, since I have the highest respect for Intel I will agree with him.

Klasse SG is the best wax.

Zaino is the best polish...

Old 11-30-2002, 01:29 AM
With Zaino on your truck it will attract more WOMEN...

Old 11-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Moderator &

Maybe more women with Zaino but, let's face it, the quality of women that you will attract rivals that of a weight watchers convention...

If you really want hot, attractive women, you need Meguiars.

RP

Old 11-30-2002, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Zaino is the best polish...
Zaino isn't a polish though.

And aren't these bananas annoying?

Old 11-30-2002, 12:17 PM
RockPick:

Ok, now we are even. I left myself open on that one...

Intel486:

Man, your just not going to give me a break are you?

Ok Intel I look at you as the expert on waxes and polishes etc. on here so I have a question. I don't know what constitutes a wax or polish, but if Zaino is not a polish what is it? why does it state on the bottle that it is a polish? Second what is the difference between a wax and polish? which last longer? and Zaino being a synthetic does that have anything to do with lasting longer? So far since using Zaino I have found it last longer then any of the other "few" waxes I have tried.

Some of the waxes I have tried, all bought from the "store" are:

2001 Nufinish (the stuff in an orange bottle) last about 3 weeks.

Meguiars, both in the bottle and paste, lasted about 3 - 4 weeks.

Turtle wax, both in the bottle and paste, lasted about 3 - 4 weeks.

The Zaino has lasted at least 3 months now, still looks as good still beads water like I just put it on yesterday and donsn't need any more coats yet. So from my limited experience Zaino has outlasted the "store" waxes mentioned by 3 times.

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 11-30-2002 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Detailing Products