Tree Branch Streak

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tree Branch Streak

As I was out hunting the last couple of weeks in the mountains (gotta love v-bar chains on all fours) I got a streak from a tree branch that didn't come off when I washed it. When I rub it with my hand I can about get it to come off but not completely. It runs from the front drivers side fender to past the door a little ways. Anyone know what I oughta use to take it off?

By the way...a while back I asked how to detail my pickup the best...it's wedgewood blue in color. I can't remember the Meguairs No.'s I used but they were suggested by Intel and others. Man it worked great! My truck was gorgeous after that. I clay barred it, used swirl remover and carnuba wax and final inspection. All Meguairs Pro stuff. All I can say is...WOW!!!. I wish I coulda had a pic posted for ya. I did take some. One night when the moon was full, you could see it perfectly on the side of my truck....WOW!!!

But now I need to get that darn streak off of it.

Also, I didn't get my elk this year...saw a lot but no shot.....but....I'm gonna shoot a buffalo within a couple weeks. A company near here is culling their herd. Think my F150 can hold a 1000lb buffalo? I got airbags on it. We'll see!

Old 12-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it a scratch in the paint or is it like tree gunk rubed against the paint?

Tree gunk a product like Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion will remove.

If it is a scratch in the paint try to find Eagle One's Scratch Remover. You'll have to search online as I've never seen it in a store. It is awesome though! The little jar will last you the life of several vehicles though as you don't need a lot. Get your finger in a towel and dip the tip in jar and then rub back and forth along the scratch. It might not remove deep scratches but it will severaly reduce their visilbilty.

If you can't find it, then go with Meguiar's DACP followed by Meguiar's #9. You'll have to do several applications of DACP though.

Some will suggest Meguiar's Scratch X but when I tested it out it didn't seem to do a good job at removing the scratches. It also seemed to put down a LOT of oils, which makes me think it is made to be more of a product that hides the scratches insteads of removes them.

Mother's Scratch Remover just plain ole sucks.

Edit: Here's a link for Eagle One's Scratch Remover. http://www.eagleone.com/products/pro...02&itemid=1056

Old 12-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Hi Intel,

I believe its just gunk. I rubbed hard with my fingers after I washed it and some but not all came off. I'll look into it further tonight. Whats a guy like me to do up north here when trying to polish and wax when its cold out. I had only put on one coat of wax after all that work and I need to do another? I hate to wait till spring....specially since the shine is so nice.

THanks for your help , by-the-way.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Polish isn't really affected by the cold since it doesn't have to cure w/ like a wax does.

Remember with wax the minimum temp to apply it is surface temp, not air temp. Put your truck in the sun for a few hours. You will have to let the wax sit on the paint longer though as the reduced humidity and temp slow down the cure time.

Old 12-16-2002, 12:15 AM
DC,

I replied to your post about buffer/polishers before reading this post. The info on the other post should do the trick.

chknbone

Quick Reply: Tree Branch Streak