Recallibrating for larger tires??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recallibrating for larger tires??

I've got an 01 F-150 5.4L 4x4 with a Fabtech 6" lift and 315/75R/16 tires. My problem is that the ford dealership cannot recallibrate that big of tires. Ive been told that a programmer would be the better choice than a chip. The speedometer i defenitly off and the shift points seem to be off to. So what would you guys suggest to recallibrate and maybe add some performance to???

Thanks,
Moto

Old 05-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Superchips Microtuner.

Old 05-01-2003, 06:18 PM
The right thing to do is chagne the differential gearing...

Old 05-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Moto,

Ford dealership service departments can *only* change gear ratio & tire sizes in your PCM program to those that were offered by Ford on that vehicle. So anytime you install a tire size or a gear ratio that was not available from the factory on that year & model, then you have to have outside help.

The best thing to do would be to go with the Superchips Micro Tuner, as not only will you have the ability to recalibrate your speedometer & fix those shift point problems, you'll also get a significant boost in performance, better shifting in the automatics & have the top speed limiter removed. It's also got a built-in OBD-II code scanner.

There is another option, we also have a device that you can use just to recalibrate the speedometer, but if it were me, I'd use the Micro Tuner, which you can find by clicking on the link just below in our signature line, or you can go to our web site at http://www.TroyerPerformance.com - then click on "Shop" and look in the Superchips section for Part #1715, Superchips Micro Tuner for 1997-2003 Ford F-150/Expedition, etc.

Give us a call if you'd like to go over any of this in more detail, & good luck with your truck!

Old 05-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey thanks alot for the info. The price is alot better than than the shops around here were quoting to . So thanks and ill be buying that as soon as i can.

Thanks,
L.C.

Old 05-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You're very welcome L.C., & good luck!

Quick Reply: Recallibrating for larger tires??