mike or anyone that knows

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question mike or anyone that knows

mike,

my old truck is gone and now have a new one...it needs to be introduced to "troyer performance"

anyways...i had a question about the microtuner. is it installed in the same way as the chip (cleaning contacts and whatnot?)

cause even with the magnason moss act i would prefer they did not know about (they being ford) any computer enhancements. i am hoping the micro tuner can be used in an existing port and can be put back to stock when bringing the truck in. if this is the case i will definitly be interested. otherwise i think i am going to stick with just the exhaust and intake.

either way...i am looking forward to my new rig.

oh, its a 5.4 auto reg cab short bed. FYI

Old 05-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Programmmer works thru the OBDII port,under dash....

So no goo to remove..

MBTech

Old 05-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LBC,

As mbtech mentioned in his response, the Micro Tuner is a simple plug & play device, connects to your OBD-II port (which is under the dash just to the right of the driver's knee in the 1997-2003 F-150) and uploads the performance tuning in about 8-10 minutes.

You can return to stock at anytime, and it leaves no tell-tale behind, so it will fit the bill that you (and many others) are looking for.

You can read all about the Micro Tuner and it's features in detail over at our web site, click on this link: www.TroyerPerformance.com - then click on "Shop", and then when you see the Superchips section, click on "List by Vehicle Type" so you can just scan thru the FoMoCo vehicles, and then look for Part# 1715, which is the Micro Tuner specifically for Ford V8 & V10 gasoline engine trucks & SUV's like your F-150.

And of course, if you'd like to go speak with us to over it in more detail, you can always give us a call at our number listed below if you like.

Quick Reply: mike or anyone that knows