Factory Tech VB and Superchip FC

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Tech VB and Superchip FC

ok this question is for Mike or anyone else that can help for that matter. i recently purchased a FTVB for my 4R70W, from Gregg. now my question is he advised me for street driving to tell my Superchips reburner to leave the shift duration, line pressure and shift timing stock. is this adviseble Mike? i still want to have some firm shifts. what do you advise? thanks.

Old 08-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi SVTErick,

Yes, we know Gregg (great guy) and carry his products. He is correct in that for most people, we'll do need to do some things differently in the transmission program when you use his valve body, and that can easily be handled, just give us a call.

Gregg's valve body allows the transmission to flow more fluid *volume* than it could with the stock valve body, so he's basically shortening up the shift duration via mechanical means. Thus you don't need as much line *pressure* as a result. If we used our normal line pressure with his valve body, what happens is you usually get a shift that is too firm on light throttle for many people, and then the kind of tire-screeching upshift on the WOT 1-2 that most of us want. It's the firm shift on light throttle that gets you, and that makes most people have us back that down.

We'll still take care of optimizing the various delays & retards in the *software*, so you won't be giving up any performance from the motor - we'll still yank out the power reduction, etc. that happens especially during the heavy-throttle upshifts, so you'll still see the power gains thru the shift - it's basically the line pressure that needs to remain stock.

Gregg is a very sharp guy, and one I feel we're lucky to have in the Ford truck & SUV performance community. Not only does he really know his stuff on the 4R100-HD tranny in the Lightning and now getting products out for the 4R70W, he *cares* about what happens to people using his products, and backs them better than anyone else I know of. He doesn't make a lot of profit on what he does, and we don't make a lot of profit selling them - it's really a rare product at a very competitive price with the best backing you could ask for from the manufacturer, so we're lucky to have Gregg's efforts benefiting us all, as it isn't being done for the money. In other words, you can generally count on what Gregg tells you to be pretty darned accurate.

Old 08-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Mike i will be giving you a call on wednesday to order my ingition upgrade and to talk about the chip reburn and all. so basically you put it right. at WOT i want them hard shifts, but at regular light pedal press i would like them a little stronger but nothing like at WOT. your the man! thanks. you sell the FTVB? if so is your price the same as Gregg's?

Old 08-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi SVTErick,

Yeah, that's how most of us want our shifts, tolerable on light throttle and then BANG-screeeech on the WOT 1-2.

Yes, we do carry all of Gregg's products, but we can't discuss pricing here on the boards so we'll need to go over that on Wednesday when we talk, OK? Thanks for your understanding on that!

Old 08-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Mike i just finished talking with Anita and we went over the process of getting my chip reburned, dont hold it against me, but i bought the valve body straight from Gregg!

Quick Reply: Factory Tech VB and Superchip FC