Hi Mike - ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mike - ?

I have had my Microtuner for several hundred miles now and I like it.

Now I would like to change a couple things like the tire height to correct my speedometer.

I read the manual on how to do this and I'm pretty sure I know the answer is YES, but my question is this:

Does the learning that has taken place since I first installed the Superchips program have to be learned again from scratch? Or since I am just modifying the tire size perhaps that doesn't effect everything.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 08-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Tom,

On some vehicles, after you have used the Micro Tuner and you go back to plug it in again, it will only give you the option to return to stock, and you must re-upload the tuning again with whatever changes you want to make to the speedo calibration. And then on some other codes, when you plug it back it you can just go right back into the options menu to address just the speedo calibration.

It's handled differently based on computer code, some codes act a bit different than others in this specific regard, so there is no 1 set answer.

Anytime you reflash the PCM or disconnect the battery, you'll go back thru the basic relearn cycle. However, you've already got premium gas in the tank now, so you don't have to wait thru a couple tanks of gas (about 500 miles or so) to get back to full 100% power - you'll have that in 50-100 miles of retuning again.

Old 08-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great - Thanks Mike.

NT

Quick Reply: Hi Mike - ?