MicroTuner and tire size ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MicroTuner and tire size ?

I got my new tuner a month or so ago and when programming for the tire/wheel size it jumped from stock to 24 My stocks were 17s but new ones are 20s. What am I supposta do ? Thanks

Old 09-17-2003, 06:02 PM
I don't have one of these yet, but from what I have read, what it is looking for is not your WHEEL diameter, but rather your installed TIRE diameter - measured from the ground to the top of the installed tire, and I believe rounded to the nearest 1/4"

Allen

Old 09-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi DRK,

You're not using it right - you have to enter the **tire height**, to the nearest 1/4" - and you need to physically *measure* the tire height as installed on the vehicle.

Make sure the vehicle is on level pavement, then measure one of the *rear* tires from the pavement to the top of the tire at it's highest point - and *that* is what you need to enter into the Micro Tuner to recalibrate your speedometer - and the speedometer can be recalibrated only on the 1999 & newer trucks, 97's & 98's need to use a traditional speed gear. Recalibrating the speedometer will also fix shift point deficits in vehicles with automatic transmissions.

This is a simple problem, with an easy fix!

Have fun,

Old 09-18-2003, 10:31 AM
AHHH HAAAA, now that makes sense. I cant believe I didnt get thats how it works :o Thanks guys I appreciate the insight

Quick Reply: MicroTuner and tire size ?