Where is the code for my computer???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Suspended For Vendor Rules Violations
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where is the code for my computer???

i was just wonder if anyone knows where you can find the code for my computer. I have a 2003 Lightning and not even the dealership could find it. I'm looking to put the Diablosport chip in it but they need the code first. Anyone know? and its not behind the passenger side kick panel thanks jim

Old 09-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Cool

Jim, first off. Welcome to the site !!!

I have not heard of the computers being relocated on the '03 trucks but you could check the driver's side kick panel as well to see if it is there. I do know that '97-'02 are on the passenger side and the pre '97's are on the driver's side. Also if you don't find it on the driver's side, you could look for a big group of small wires going through the firewall somewhere. Not far behind that will you find the computer and it's code. I wonder if they may have moved it behind the glove compartment or higher in the dash somewhere. Please, let us know where you end up finding it for sure.

Also are you sure that you don't want a Superchip. I have heard that some of the Lightning guys that are running the superchip is making some serious HP & TQ with them.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 09-24-2003, 12:00 AM
My computer code was on the front of the passenger side door - jam.

If it's not there, it was also on the plug that covers the connector where the chip plugs in. You may be able to see the sticker (on the plug) by pulling the clip that holds the computer in place (the clip covered the sticker on my truck)...the clip simply pulls off.

Robert

Old 09-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jimma,

Congratulations on your new Lightning! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Sounds like whoever you're dealing with doesn't know much about any of this. That's a bit scary with a Lightning.

The computer code for 2003 Lightnings is usually NLP2 - and the computer is in the same place in your Lightning that it is in all other 1997-2003 F-150's - which is inside the cabin on the passenger's side, just above the passenger's kick panel. Now there were a very few late 2003 "regular" F-150 builds that got a different PCM, basically a Ptech with an EEC-V file hybrid - I haven't seen any 2003 *Lightnings* get that, so everything should be the same as with any other 2003 Lightning.

You can find the computer code on the PCM itself, and you can also find it on a small sticker located in the passenger's side door frame, the front part of the door frame, in the area of the door hinges usually. It will be 3 letters followed by 1 number. Sometimes it's on the leading edge of the passenger's door, but it'll be there in the front part of the door frame somewhere, in addition to being on the PCM itself.

So just do a quick double-check to make sure your code is in fact listed as NLP2, and then you'll have the info your dealership needs for a "standard" chip - assuming your Lightning doesn't have any other mods that require custom engine tuning.

One quick tip here, and this is just in case at some point in the future you decide to do more involved mods: be *very* careful with any future modifications you do, and if you decide to do anything more than say, a simple chip & an intake kit, I'd advise you to contact a tuner really competent with these Lightnings - we'll be happy to help if you like, and there are others as well. Do not change the MAF (mass airflow meter) or install any pulleys to raise boost without getting another proper tune - a "standard" performance chip won't cut it for those specific types of mods, you'll run way too lean, peak the meter in the program & hurt the motor. So just remember, if you decide to do the MAF and/or pulley mods that are so popular on the Lightning, work with someone who is really qualified on these Lightnings so no mistakes are made - the tuning is *critical* when you start doing those types of mods (MAF's & pulleys).

Thanks for dropping by here, we hope to see more of you - Best of luck & enjoy your beautiful new Lightning!

Old 09-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Dean (IzzyEddy),

Just saw your post here & wanted to drop you a quick note - sorry I've been so busy lately, I know you called & I was tied up - sorry 'bout that!

Give me a shout again whenever you can, & I'll try to answer your questions (if I can) on that 351 issue (I think that's what it was about?) you wanted to discuss!

Quick Reply: Where is the code for my computer???