old microtuner vs new microtuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old microtuner vs new microtuner

guys i ordered the new tuner from a vendor but got the old one instead. can anybody tell me the difference between the two. how much extra power is between the two? I know the old one u have to run 93 octane, but the new one u can go with 87 octane. so my question is, those who have had both, which one should i go with, the old one or the new one?

Old 09-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you still can, I'd advise returning the old one and have them provide you with the new updated 1715 in it's place - it sounds like you paid for it, so you should have it.

The previous 1715's are fine, so it will work well & you'll enjoy it - there are many owners who are using it and enjoying them quite a bit.

However, there are significant differences in power gains with the "max" performance program in the new unit, and there are now 3 different performance programs instead of 1 in the older unit, including an 87 octane tune and 2 different premium gas programs.

Best of luck!

Old 09-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike i have a 5 speed on 2003 f150. what benefits will i gain from the updated tuner? i can't adjust the shift firmness or points i assume because its a manual. will i see the gains as a automatic would?

Old 09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi stx,

I already covered that in my last post - 3 programs instead of 1, and larger power gains.

You can also read more about about it here:
http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...catalogno=1715

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please give us a call at our number listed below.

Quick Reply: old microtuner vs new microtuner