Ebay steal

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Chris,

I'm glad to hear you're finally happy with it.

Sometimes it just takes a while, so the vehicle owner gets enough trips & miles to be able to feel the differences in different types of driving situations, to be able to identify specific improvements you're certain of.

It's also a matter of perspective - the most common thing we all want to do after installing a new performance part is to expect a significant difference in the "eat of the pants" feel of the truck - well, some people can "feel" a 20 HP gain in these heavy vehicles, but many can't - this is why we tell everyone not to judge by seat of the pants feel *any* performance mod, but instead to do timed acceleration testing before & after, so you can *see* the difference documented - it's just too hard to feel bolt-on mods in a 4500-6500 lb. vehicle. Some people rave about the (in round numbers) 10% power gain, while others see those "WOW" posts from some, & thus expect it to feel like a supercharger - it's all a matter of perspective - the bottom line is, an optimized powertrain program is generally the most cost effective performance enhancement, as nothing else for the same or less money will improve performance as much - but it's still a 10% power gain, in round numbers.

The best thing you can do to help your mpg with the Superchips tuning (aside from obvious vehicle maint. issues like fresh fuel filters & the ignition system & spark plugs being fresh, etc.) is to use the best quality premium gasolines available - so you get a good consistent BTU content. Normally, in a scenario where we're cruising on the highway at say, 65-75 mph, you will usually see at least another 1.0 mpg gain, and a few have reported as much as almost 4 more mpg (rare) - overall, a direct comparison in cruising mpg usually yields an improvement in cruising mpg in the 1.5 - 1.7 mpg range, depending on fuel quality and how the vehicle is driven. Worst case, you won't spend more than an additional $100 per 10,000 miles driven for gas, and most people driving 15K-20K miles a year who don’t do much hot-foot driving spend only about $100 a year more for gas - it just depends on fuel quality, driving habits & vehicle maint., as always. By now you've probably seen me talking about these numbers & info etc, a million times, so you know all this, no doubt.

We're just glad to see you happy!

Have fun & talk to you soon,

Old 11-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it looks like it is increasing. Generally I see about 16 mpg and when I do hwy driving I do around 80 to 90 usually hang around 85 most of the time though and still see 16 mpg whether I drive on the interstate or through city.

I pretty much use shell gas. Down here we have the 'V performance' gas or something like with the suposed 94 octane.

I have the fuel filter Ive been meaning to change for sometime now, maybe I can get to it tomorrow, but I dunno...I keep up with miant. for the most part fairly well. I'll be rolling up on 30,000 miles soon (well im at 25, 000 now) and need to find out what I need to do. On my list between now and then is fuel filter and breaks and probably spark plugs and wires (since I HEARD the ones Ford uses have a tendency to break when chaning the plugs) and break pads. Anything else I should add to the list?

Quick Reply: Ebay steal