micro turner question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question micro turner question

Hello, I have looked and looked to see if i can find this answer. But with no luck! I wanted to know if a micro turner can be used on more than one truck at time. I have 2 trucks so i was wondering if i had to buy 2 of them to get both the trucks reprogrammed. Thanks

Old 11-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't think they were THAT stupid, did you?

The Microtuner can only be used on one truck at a time; must return current "M-tuned" truck to stock first, then you can install in 2nd vehicle.

However, you can use the diagnostic function on another truck while performance program is in another truck. YOu will receive a "VIN locked" message when you first plug it in, but Diagnostics work just fine.

Hope that answers your question.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that they are not stupied..but hey..you never know...

Old 11-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi jcsingle,

Well, the only limitation is that you can't use the Micro Tuner to upload the performance tuning to more than 1 vehicle **at a time** - but you can return the first vehicle back to stock, and then go tune any other vehicle that the Micro Tuner works on - and you can do *that* as many times as you want.

I mention this because we have a number of customers who own 2 or more vehicles like you do - for example, they own either a Lightning or some other 2WD F-150 or Expedition that they drive in summer, then when winter comes along, they return that vehicle back to stock and then use the Micro Tuner to tune their 4x4 F-150 they drive in winter.

The *real* issue is that the Micro Tuner can store only 1 stock factory program to enable you to return back to stock - it has no way of storing multiple stock programs so you can tune multiple vehicles with just 1 Micro Tuner without returning any of them back to stock. We have to retain the ability to return a vehicle that has been tuned back to stock, so the Micro Tuner has to store the stock program for any vehicle it's used to tune.

Just FYI...........

Quick Reply: micro turner question