Hypertech Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech Tuner

I am trying to gain some more horses for my truck. I have a 2003 F150 FX4 with the 4.6l in it. I know it is the baby motor, and I need a little more gitty up. I just put new tires on there, and the few horses could help out a little. The question is that I have gotten like three different part numbers for my truck and I want to find out if they are the right ones, and also where I may go and get a tuner pretty cheap. The part numbers I have are 41024 and 41032. I would also be grateful if someone has any more suggestions that might be a little cheaper or of better quality for improved performance. Thanks alot.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you'll find that most people here are using the Superchips tuner. I have seen a few posts from people who have used the Hypertech and most of them now use Superchips.

You will basicly get what you pay for. If the unit is cheaper it will generally have fewer features and less improvement. Pay a few hundred bucks and you will get a few gains. Pay a few thousand and you will get much more. It might make the wallet lighter but the satisfaction is well worth it!

Old 12-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Clearman17,

I agree with wittom's post, you'll get a much better result using the Superchips Micro Tuner instead of a Hypertech programmer.

Hypertech provides the same performance program that is compromised to run on all similar vehicles, and Hypertech only adds power during open-loop operation, where there are no emissions standards that have to be met. Superchips doesn't do things that way - they make different performance programs for each different individual vehicle, and these F-150's can have *hundreds* of different factory PCM software revisions each model year alone - Superchips makes a different performance program to precisely match each and every different factory revision, so you get the best possible result. And, the Superchips tuning adds power *all* the time, at any throttle position or engine rpm so you get better performance always, not just when you floor it. Superchips also does not require any other gimmicks to make it work, like the abnormally cold thermostats that most Hypertech products usually require, for example.

This decision is of course up to you - and you should do whatever *you* feel most comfortable with, not what anyone else says.

But for someone looking to get the best performance gains & the best powertrain programming, hands down that's the Superchips Micro Tuner, which is why so many people use them.

The Part# you need for the Superchips Micro Tuner for your vehicle is 1715, and you can read all about it in great detail over on our web site at www.TroyerPerformance.com - in fact, here is the specific link that will take you right to the appropriate page for Superchips products for FoMoCo vehicles: http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...chips%3BFoMoCo

When you get there, read up on Part# 1715 in detail - that's the Micro Tuner made specifically for these Ford gasoline engine F-150 trucks.

One thing you need to know is that for best pricing, you need to call us instead of ordering on our web site - on our web site we have to abide by the manufacturers MAP (minimum advertised price) guidelines, so you'll get a much better price by calling us instead of ordering it online. This applies only to the Superchips products, for all our other products (including our "combo deals" in our Performance Packages section that include a Superchips Micro Tuner) the best pricing is already on our web site - but for the Superchips products by themselves, please call us to get your best pricing, as there is a significant difference.

The Micro Tuner gives you the ability to correct your speedometer for any changes to tire size and/or gear ratio, gives you manual control over automatic transmission shift points & shift pressures, and has something else the Hypertech unit does not - a built-in OBD-II code scanner!

the Micro Tuner also gives you 3 different levels of performance tuning - 87 octane tow-safe, premium gas tow-safe, and then our "max" performance tuning, which is for premium gas and is *not* towing compatible - so you've got programs for any level of octane and any kind of vehicle use, giving you maximum flexibility.

Please feel free to call us if you have any questions about any aspect of this, or anything else performance-related about your truck for that matter - we specialize in the performance of this vehicle platform & we're happy to help.

Best of luck whatever you decide, & we hope you'll hang out here with us when you have the time!

Quick Reply: Hypertech Tuner