What's this 9100 custom tuner all about?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's this 9100 custom tuner all about?

Did a search for "9100" and didn't come up with much other than it's a new tuner that is custom done for your specific vehicle. Is this the same tuner with the 3 programs or is it different? How is it custom tuned, do you have to take your truck in for readings to supply Mike with? I have the 1715, and wondered what benefit the MAX tune program would have in terms of HP over my 1715, and what gains the custom tune 9100 offers as well.

Did more reading, from what I gather, you call up Mike with your computer code and they custom tune for THAT particular code. How are the intake / exhaust mods taken into account w/o taking actual readings? If it helps...my computer code is: VRZ1

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Jackal; 04-02-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
9100 custom

That my friend is exactly what it is! A custom program specifically for your code with all the mods taken into account. He did it without my truck being there. This tuner is set for 87/93 octane. 1715 set for 87/91. Presently I have gone 5 days without a gas tank fill up on a 15gal tank, normally I fill up every 3-4 days and appears that I'm gettin over 16.5 miles per gallon. This morning went 185 miles on 11 gallons=16.8MPG. Thats up from 11.7 by over 5MPG>LOTS OF POWER.
Call mike and he may be able to do one for you.

Bought this one because he ACTUALLY could raise speed limiter, Diablo could not, they could not produce a chip for my truck because I have YAZ3. From what I'm told a VERY rare code. Read some of the other posts I've made.
I AM OVERLLY SATISFIED WITH SERVICE AND PERFORMANCE of my (old) new truck. 116,109 and going strong!

Randy

Old 04-02-2004, 03:50 PM
That's AWESOME!!! May have to sell the 1715 after all. Any idea what kind of gains over the 1715?

Old 04-02-2004, 03:53 PM
gains

By the seat of pants: DOUBLE

Old 04-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jackal,

Any time we have a vehicle that has modifications that would actually alter tuning needs, we email a package of datalog info for the customer to log and email back to us, and then we tune based on that - in other words, we do whatever is actually required in each situation.

Whether a vehicle needs to go to a chassis dyno or not depends on it's actual modifications. A truck with a couple of simple bolt-ons doesn't need to go to the dyno in most cases - things like an intake kit, cat-back exhaust, underdrive pulleys, electric fans, larger throttle body, even some brands of shorty headers don't change the basic tuning needs. Things like a blower, turbo, nitrous, ported heads & cams, aftermarket MAF's (Pro-M, C&L, Granatelli, etc.) long-tube headers, etc., are some of the types of mods in general where we require full datalogging & A/F testing.

The most important things affecting our ability to tune properly are that the vehicle be in good mechanical condition - MAF clean, fuel filter not more than 15K miles old if good quality fuel is being used (replace every 5K miles if using cheap gas or motor is supercharged), O2 sensors not more than 30K-50K miles old, the ignition system in good condition (no 80K+ mile coil packs, plugs, or plug wires), and the spark plug gap actually set properly - far too many use plugs that are too old and/or are using a too-large gap setting, for example - and no exhaust leaks whatsoever.

The bottom line is, in terms of actual performance, it's always well worth doing the custom tune - if you'd like to explore that, go over exactly what we can do in your code, etc., just give us a call & we'll go over the details with you.

Quick Reply: What's this 9100 custom tuner all about?