Performance Mods and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Performance Mods and Warranty

Hi guys,
I am new to performance mods and I want to find out what I can do that will not void my warranty. What can I use to boost performance that will not void warranty?

Ideas/Plans:
1. Cat-Back exhaust
2. Perfromance Chip
3. Better Spark Plugs
4. Air Intake kit(air force 1)
5. JBA headers
6. Shift Kit

also thought i may upgrade the FUEL PUMP, FUEL INJECTORS and MAF in anticipation of adding a blower when the warranty is up.

Is it a bad idea to add the pump/injesctor/maf upgrades before the blower? Do these too void the warranty.

If someone can help give me a smart step-wise approach to adding performance mods pls do.
A reliable machine is a must for me. Please keep that in mind when making suggestions.
Thanks

Old 04-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi man44a,

I need to make you aware of a couple of things, & then get on to helping you a bit, so please bear with me a minute here...............

First.............This is the Computer Chips section, so posts here need to generally stay on that basic topic, within reason. I mention this simply because almost all of your questions really don't have much to do with this section. However, that's not what's really important, and of course I don't mean to make it "difficult" for you to get the info you want & need - the real issue is that the large amount of information you want to know about is detailed in nature, and generally isn't going to be learned by waiting for someone who actually knows all of this well enough to be properly qualified to give professional & accurate advice to sit down and type it all out.

So with that in mind, let's get you started on a couple of basics, so that you *can* get the information you need as quickly and as painlessly as possible...................

There are 2 basic dividing lines in what you want to know - one is effect on warranty, and then the other is everything else you want to know....................

So first, the best way to get yourself up to speed on your legal rights in this regard is to go to the experts - drop by the SEMA web site, it's at www.sema.org - You'll want to read all about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, etc., and all that info is right there on SEMA - in fact, it's thanks primarily to SEMA that the automakers no longer have an effective monopoly on parts for our vehicles, they are *the* authority on this subject.

Now with regard to everything else you want to know about, like what & when to change what on your vehicle to get the performance you want in the most cost-effective & intelligent manner..........................

You can read up on a lot of that by dropping by our web site at www.TroyerPerformance.com - click on "Shop" once the home page loads, and then scroll down and go into our "Performance Packages" section. There you'll want to read up on all of our Stage 1 thru Stage 5 performance packages for your specific year & engine configuration of F-150, as that will give you a lot of great information on what mods to do in what basic order, what parts need to be upgraded at each level of modification, etc.

We have specialized in the performance of the F-150 platform for 12+ years, so we know all of this extremely well.

Once you've had a chance to drop by the SEMA web site and also to read the info in our Performance Packages section on our web site, then at that point you'll want to give us a call at our number listed below - we can put all of that other info together for you & explain all the details properly. We can also very easily help you work out a basic "game plan" of what specific modifications to do, in what order, when, etc. - based on your performance needs as well as your budget, warranty considerations, etc., so that you've got a solid game plan and know what you need to do, what the results will be, and what it will actually cost, etc. We'll be happy to do that for you, just give us a call at our number listed below.

Thanks for dropping by, always nice to have another member here at F-150 Online - good luck reading that info at the 2 sources listed above, and we hope to hear from you.

Best of luck with your truck,

Quick Reply: Performance Mods and Warranty