Question for Mike T

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Mike T

I bought a Superchip Micro Max tuner for my 03 F150 with a 4.6. I was wondering in your opinion would you get the dual e-fans or the Edelbrock/BBK 75 mm throttle body and why.

Sry I know its not the right fourm but I thought this would be the best way to reace you

Old 04-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me just throw in my 2cents. I've got a 00' 4.6l in my truck.

I have Mike T's e-fans and really like them. Attaching the fans to the radiator took some work but I know they aren't gonna come off easily. The also opened up a LOT of room in the engine compartment. Lots of people commented on them. Makes it easier to put underdrive pulleys on in the future and change out your belt. The AC also works a lot better at a stand still. Can't tell ya how much they gave me because I also put underdrive pulleys on at the same time and combined, they really gave my truck a nice kick.

From what I understand w/ the throttle body you also have to port out the throttle body neck. I haven't done a throttle body yet but it'll be on the list of things to do when I have to drop a new motor in the truck.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi V8SilverSTX,

I understand - and you're right, this isn't the "right" forum, but this is where we are active here, as we just don't have time to get into all the other various sections. I'll give you a brief answer here just to get you some immediate info, and then you can call us for further details, so I'm hopefully not breaking the rules too badly.................

In a word - FANS!

That mod will do more for your truck's performance (as well as help fuel mileage) than a larger throttle body will. Both are good mods, and those 2 mods can be done in any order you prefer - it's just that the actual bang-for-the-buck value is in favor of doing the electric fans before doing the larger throttle body in these vehicles. If you'd like to go over the exact power gains for each and compare costs, etc., give us a quick call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to cover all of that with you in proper detail.

Enjoy your weekend,

Quick Reply: Question for Mike T