Hypertech Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech Question?

I have a 2002 4x4 F150 SC 5.4. I recently received a new hypertech programmer and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the shift settings. I don't have anywhere close to be able to adjust the settings and time myself in the 1/4 to see the improvements. Please help!

Old 04-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just wanted to say welcome to F150online.com... but more than likely you won't find much help with your question here... not in a bad way cause everyone's very helpful... just most f150 guys here are loyal to Mike Troyer's Superchips (he's a supporting vendor)... i'm not saying you won't find a hypertech owner (they just may not admit it... ). so you may want to give hypertech a call... hope you get some replies though... good luck

Old 04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi SSF,

Welcome to F-150 Online!

We usually recommend taking the "default" upload for at least the first month of driving, until you get used to the new settings - then, and only if there is some obvious *deficit*, then you can go in and adjust them manually - but that usually is not required.

Your best bet in terms of getting proper advice on that about the Hypertech unit specifically is to call Hypertech directly at the number listed in their documentation, & they'll be happy to help you.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Hypertech Question?