Mike T - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike T - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just called 4 - count 'em FOUR Ford dealers. I swear - I don't think 3 of them even ever heard of the F150 from their apparent lack of knowledge! The 4th heard of the truck & that's the total knowledge they seem to have of it.
Okay - here's my problem. The sticker w/the computer code is incomplete. I have the 1st & last character's - a T & a 2. The 2 middle characters are rubbed off. Why Ford couldn't "plasticize" that sticker like they do on the driver's side is beyond me - does it REALLY keep the cost of the truck down?
Anyhow, HOW can I find out the code? CAN I find out the code? The last dealership told me to "pull the computer & give it to the guy who I'm buying the chip from" as they letter's & #'s are on it.
I don't want to pull the actual computer - he even said it's not a good idea!
Mike - can you help? I'm trying to save for a chip but I won't even bother if the code is irretrievable!
Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions/guidance!
Cowlady/Angela

Old 04-10-2004, 01:12 PM
My 2000 F150 had a sticker right on the plastic cover that covers the connector where the chip plugs into the computer. If you pulled the computer if would be quite obvious or you might be able to see it if you stood on your head under the dash on the passenger side with a flashlight and looked at the end of the computer sticking towards the back of the truck.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an FYI Cowlady, mine is 97 4.6 auto and the code is TBL2. I believe that it's a California Emissions code?

Good luck, it's nice to see ya 'round.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by RED WING NUT
My 2000 F150 had a sticker right on the plastic cover that covers the connector where the chip plugs into the computer. If you pulled the computer if would be quite obvious or you might be able to see it if you stood on your head under the dash on the passenger side with a flashlight and looked at the end of the computer sticking towards the back of the truck.

What he said.......Mine is a 2001 model

Old 04-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Old 04-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Angela,

Don't you worry, that's perfectly normal for Ford dealership service departments to not know what we're referring to, as they reference this by a different method, and call it something else, too - forget about them. We'll help you find your code, it can always be found by looking in other areas that would take too long for me to type it all out here.

Just give us a call at our number listed below when you get a chance, & we can show you some other ways to find your code, no problem - so don't worry about that, we can help you find your code!

Quick Reply: Mike T - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!