Hypertech Programmer for 7.3L

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech Programmer for 7.3L

I am wondering if anybody has the Hypertech Power Programmer III with part # 41019. This item was purchased for a 2002, but I want to be able to use it on a 1999 with the same motor, the 7.3L. I was trying to find out if that part # will work for a 1999. I checked Hypertechs site, and now they list all new part #'s. 41029 is the new part # and shows it covers all 7.3L deisels from 1999 to 2003.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi FF,

This is one particular matter where you really need to call Hypertech directly rather than rely on this web site for specific info on that. I'll give you some quick background, but by all means, you still need to double-check with Hypertech.

Generally speaking, no - usually you cannot use their older-style units that are model year specific for a 2002, on an older 1999 model. Now they (Hypertech) may offer a service to reprogram that unit for you, for a fee, or they may not - but chances are, you probably can't use that previous-generation model year-specific unit designed for a 2002 on a 1999.

The bottom line is, your Part# is not the same as the newer multi-model year unit, so don't just try to go ahead use it on that 1999 model, regardless of what advice you get here - please go ahead and call Hypertech directly for correct & accurate specific info on this, OK? They'll be happy to help you.

Sorry I can't be more help to you, & good luck!

Old 04-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should just send the hypertech back and talk to mike about a tuner... that way he'd be able to help you out and you wouldn't have to call hypertech... i've had a hypertech power module and called them about it, and they weren't the best with customer support... i've experienced much better with mike. just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Hypertech Programmer for 7.3L