sorry bout the HER...i meant HER honda coudnt beat me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile sorry bout the HER...i meant HER honda coudnt beat me...

what is this with people nowadays???....A couple of days ago, while waiting for a stoplight to turn green here in manila....A Honda civic SIR 4 door in jet black colour pulled next to me and started growling her engine..i noticed the honda's window were tinted but I could see the silhoulette of a long haired female driver looking at me.My F150'S windows were also tinted so i think she could only see my figure or silhout's..Since it was 100am in the morning,the roads were practically clear of debris and trafic...Upon turning green,I accelerated smoothly while the honda accelerated briefly and statrted to stutter intentionally to lure me into racing her..Since I wasnt superchip yet, I hesitated to step on the gas . I know those honda civic SIR has about 160horses underneath their skirts. What i got on my 4.2v6 is 205 plus 5 from the KN, another 5 from my powerflow muffler, and maybe..maybe 15hp from my jet module bringing my horsies to 230hp..but i know of the weight differences between a ford and a honda. anyway, back to the race evnt. After reaching aqnother stioplight after about a 1/2 mile of tempting, we ended up on another sttoplight...This time her engine revving is more than enought to wake up the local neighbors..she must be doing around 5500 to 7000rpm just to bark on my Ford...I must have sense a voice in my F150 saying "My beloved owner, this is ur truck talking, why dont u shut off my aircon, turn off my radio thats playing tom petty, shift me to auto first gear and show what a FORD can do to a skinny SUMO wrestler"...For some strange reasons, my right hand did as what have been instructed...When the light turned green, I floored the pedal to the metal so hard my Ford would have spitted the whooper i had earlier for dinner..The honda screammed her tires big time!!..we were edge to edge upon reaching 60 miles per hour...I shifted to drive gear with the overdrive in the off position..Upon reaching 85 miles per hour,i already was about half a car length..Reaching 95 miles per hour she tried to overtake me on the left hand side of the road..I kept the gas pedaL floored until reaching 100mph before she was about a car lenght behind me...I had to slow down becoz we were running out of roads...she blew by me when i was slowing down...I must have counted at least 6 stiopslights that we blew by....crazy thing i did!!! kept me wondering all night if that SIR would have beaten me in the long run..or was it the driver teasing me like a woodpecker pecking at a tree trunk??...what do u think guys??( I meant the SIR vs my 4.2v6 4x2 f150)..

Old 10-05-1999, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Remember that Honda does have a lot of HP but the torque is pitiful on 4cyl engines.
My Honda has 150HP but is a dog compared to my F150
If anything you would have done better as you went down the road.
4 cyl have very strong gears (4.10 or better)
and thats how they get the off the line power.
The Honda quickly runs out of steam about 45 to 60 mph though.

Old 10-05-1999, 08:24 PM
Smile

54reg...my sister's honda here has a 4cyl 120hp ...not as fast as a SIR...u said ur honda has 150hp...what model is that..i wonder what those hondas top speed would be though??

Old 10-05-1999, 09:33 PM
Civic SIR? I knew they brought back the SI label on the civics which is rated at 160hp 111tq (0-60 7.6 / 1/4 mile 16.1 Car and Driver June 99)

------------------
99 F150 XLT Silver 2WD S/C 4.2 5-speed, Superchip, Flowmaster muffler // Rear door switch guards - check them out at <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/show/5031
pud@iainc.net" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/show/5031
pud@iainc.net</A> -- Kennesaw GA

Old 10-05-1999, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

98 Oddessey

Old 10-06-1999, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Darthman,

That does sound *very* dangerous, both of you blew past those traffic lights? WOW!

Please be careful, it isn't worth going to jail or having an accident to mess with a Honda! We'd rather have you around here for a long time!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 10-06-1999, 09:41 PM
Thumbs up

thanks for the concern Mike..i know it was a bit crazy...practically here in the philippines...we dont have such thing as a speed limit..cops cars here are basically underpowered...the suped up cop cars here are your basically your average toyota corolla with the 4AFE 1.6 liter 16valve 110hp with a 5 speed...thats there top chase car!!! other than that the average cop car is a toyota corolla with a puny 1.3 4 cyl 90hp..so talk about a cow versus a horse syndrome here...but the traffic is bad here that the only way i can go past 85mph or 140kph is on the thurway or highway..so in the morning,when there is a lot of traffic, people "kinda" obey the posted speed signs...But at night, when there's less traffic especially past midnight. Th e race goes on here!!! i have seen suburbans vs expeditions...dakotas vs f150's ..and sometimes ..puny s10 vs 4 runners and toyota pickups...dont worry Mike.. I am a law abiding citizen here..coming from buffalo NY...

Old 10-07-1999, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Darthman,

I don't care so much about you obeying traffic laws, just don't get hurt when you're having fun! Life is too short, and I don't want to read about you in the obituary!

Be safe,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 10-07-1999, 06:59 PM
Thumbs up

mike,
will take ur advice ...thanks for ur concern...
danny

Old 10-08-1999, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Danny (Darthman),

I was not able to open your email this morning, are you having email problems again? You might want to try resending it.

Bests,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 10-08-1999, 10:01 PM
Smile

i dont know mike abt my email...i rcv your rma number and will send back the package...

Quick Reply: sorry bout the HER...i meant HER honda coudnt beat me...