Lil' Dakota RT

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-1999, 09:43 PM
Suspended User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lil' Dakota RT

Hey Guys and Gals.I'm in Ga,and just noticed a Dakota RT extended cab in town.Guy driving looks all of 16,with seat laid back and hat turned backwards.Truck appears stock-no exhaust noise or anything either.Curious about running him.(Looks like he thinks he's the baddest S#!T in town).I know he is lighter and probably has better gearing-most I've seen have 3.90's.I've got a first generation 5.4L with the 3.55LS,K&N, Flowmaster 40's catback and a little Hypertech chip.(Not Superchipped)Would I be able to at least hang with him or would he make a fool out of me?I haven't run anything since buying my truck,and I miss all the excitement I used to get with my long gone Z28.Whattya think?

------------------
1997 Black F150 SC Flareside,4x2,5.4L,3.55 LS,tow package,appearance package,captain's chairs,tinted windows(darn silver flipout windows!),Flowmaster catback with 40 series,painted to match slotted taillight covers,vent visors on front doors only,K&N,Hypertech module and Rhino liner(was black-now gray)
Future mods:none-gotta buy a house come first of the year!

Old 10-14-1999, 09:55 PM
well you probably didn't buy the truck for racing right. so if you lose you don't have to be embarassed.

other than that go for it. you can't win if you don't try.

------------------
'97 f150 rc, flair side,4x4,v6,5 spd, k&n air filter

Old 10-14-1999, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those RTs are EXPENSIVE but the only way to find out is you guessed it.
If you beat him maybe he'll go crying to rich daddy.

Old 10-15-1999, 01:29 AM
Cool

Even though you're giving away about 1000 lbs to the Dakota RT, give it a shot, curious to see what'll happen. Just think, you'll give him a serious FORD complex if he doesn't beat you by a big margin. Keep us posted on what happens. Good luck!!

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny,Jet intake system, Jardine catback, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension, Cord Design flares, Stull billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (subs,mids,tweets), Crossfire dual amplifier (700 watts) & Eq, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Paxton Supercharger,Superchip, HID headlight system, Alpine/Macintosh audio video & Navigational System, 4.10 rear gears

Old 10-16-1999, 12:28 AM
I had an occasion to do a little test against a dakota with a v8. I don't know if it was RT and it looked like it was old. He was turning onto a backroad behind me and I almost floored it all the way, and he was not able to pass me by any stretch, but he was able to keep up. He didn't gain either. I must have hit 90 mph before I let up because cops are known for riding those backroads between two major roads in this area.

As you can guess by my sig, I probably had more then 1000 lbs over him as he is not a 4X4.

Good luck!

------------------
David
'99 F150 XLT SC, STYLESIDE
4X4 ORP 5.4L, AUTOMATIC,
139wb, Rhino, K&N,
BugGuard, RainGuards
Superchip

Quick Reply: Lil' Dakota RT