Premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-1999, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Premium

Mike you sound like a wounderful help to all..i wanted a chip really bad....but premium gas....kinda sucks....i think i'm gonna wait and read a little more....superchip sounds the best..

98 f-150 k&n flomaster40 3"pipe...so far

Old 10-26-1999, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Clark,

Yes,I understand about the premium gas, but that is how a performance chip makes the additional power, from programming specifically to take advantage of it's increased anti-knock properties. Some people are seeing enough of an improvment in gas mileage to offset the additional cost for premium. Some people's driving circumstances, conditions, etc., prevent them from seeing any significant increase in gas mileage using the Superchip, so the results as far as gas mileage can vary. The increased gas mileage is merely a by-product of the increased spark advance being used on part-throttle.

Assuming the worst case scenario, and you don't see any improvment in gas mileage, your increase in fuel costs here in the US is a few dollars more per 1000 miles driven. One person just recently calculated his increased fuel costs at $130 per year. It's a small price to pay for the added performance.

The Superchip is a great product, but only you can decide if the additional performance is worth it to you, of course.

Best of luck in whatever you do,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: Premium