Safety hazard with removal of speed limiter !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-1999, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Frog,

How right you are about tailgating the big trucks, very dangerous, and *they* don't like you to do it either. Some of the 18-wheelers themselves are perhaps the world's worst tailgaters! They follow each other sometimes only a few feet apart, very dangerous, and somewhat ironic, given the reactions I've seen them have to 4-wheelers tailgating *them*. To say nothing about how close they will put those huge rigs behind a passenger car at times, now *that* is scary!

Tailgating, done by anyone at any time, is downright foolish, and always very dangerous, amen!

I hit one of those truck tires just after taking delivery of a brand new Corvette, with that Black Rose metallic color that cannot be matched, and it was *never* the same after. The whole car had to be painted, and I was never happy with it, so I got out of it, and all thanks to hitting a big truck tire. Your warning is right on the money!

Thanks very much for giving us all the benefit of your experience and the things you see in your work everyday!

Be safe,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: Safety hazard with removal of speed limiter !!!