K&N FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-1999, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post K&N FIPK

I no I am in the wrong forum but I want to install a K&N FIPK and I need the right
serial number,that's if they make one for my truck a 1999 XLT 5.4.Someone told me in NOVEMBER a fipk would be ready.
THANK'S JOE
P.S/ Are k&n and airraid about the same;

------------------
1999XLT,Supercab,Gold,5.4Styleside,Flowmaster#70 Series Catback,Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Amp.MTX-5000 Dual Eight's Sub.
Uniden Radar Detector,
Black Tinted Window's, Super Chip!
[HAVE FUN]

Old 11-10-1999, 09:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Joe,

The K&N F.I.P.K. kit and the Airaid unit accomplish the same thing, eliminating the restrictive factory airbox to gain power. The Airaid unit has a bit more stable mount, and it's tube is powercoated metal, whereas K&N's is a phenolic resin-based plastic of some sort. The power gains, the sound, etc., are virtually the same between the two units. That being the case, with the great price that you can get on the Airaid unit right here on the F150online store, we recommend you go with that unit. You get a great deal and also help support F150online at the same time.

I'm sure you'll be happy with either unit, as far as the end result is concerned. Both units use a K&N air filter element.

Good luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-10-1999).]

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK