Come on Neal (HP Freak) is it in yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-1999, 12:26 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Andthensometoo,

Are you kidding?!? I'm the worlds *worst* speller! That's why most of my posts have edits, as I had to go back and correct! I'm darn near lost without a good spell-checker. Between that and how fast I type, it's a wonder I get anything readable posted at all.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 10-22-1999, 06:06 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Neal,

If you have not yet had your speedo recalibrated try this procedure used for Super Duties; 1) Ensure all harness connections are connected to the ABS module.
2) Using the NGS and Version 3.2 or Higher of the service card plug into
the
DCL connector.
3) Turn Key on with Engine off.
4) Select <Service Bay Functions>
5) Select <ABS Module> or <4WABS Module> depending on vehicles ABS option.
6) Select <Tire Size/Axle Ratio Configure>.
7) Select <Tire Size>. If tire size is not listed use Formula of: 63360
Divided

by the
Circumference of tire measure in inches. Add (2) zeros in front of the
solution.

Enter this
number into the NGS as the Revs Per Mile Figure.
8) Select <Tone Ring Size> and verify 00120 is programmed in.
9) Select <Option> and press Trigger.
10) Select <Vehicle> and press Trigger.
11) Press <Done> (Numeric 8 Button) and the Module will be programmed.
12) Recheck Speedometer accuracy.

Just in case a tech gives someone a hard time when you ask them to do this,
Circumference is 2Pi times the Radius
or 2Pi(r)

Pi=3.1416

Mine worked out to 00602 for 295(33.5 diameter) BFG's
Radius being 16.75" ideally, BFG also gives a static diameter based on the
sidewall squishing a little, but I used ideal.

63360/2Pi(16.75")=
63360/105.24335=
602, then add 2 zeros for 00602

I am not sure about #9 as it applies to SD's so ask your friend at Moe Campbells. Now you have to find out the radius of your tires and substitute for the values in the example. But you must first modify your answer to correct for the 4.10 gears. 410/355 is 0.8659 so multiply your answer by that value. I am leaving Saturday for Québec but I will be back for Monday morning. Call me or stop in for a coffee.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
SmittyBilt Nerfs, Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube
To Be installed;
Superchips

Old 10-22-1999, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Neil, of JMC - see my post in General disscusion, (I think, re Fav. bars, or places.
I would like to keep in touch with fellow Cdns.
Now that Im on the west Coast I miss the Ontario stuff
TNX

------------------
98 F150 S/C 4.6 2wd Vermillion/Silver,HD Tow Pkg, Boards, Vents, Bug Chaser, DIY "breezer" Tailgate, 5th whl hitch, Tool box, 16" OEM Mag's

Old 10-22-1999, 08:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... JMC I will have to stop in and talk to you about what you have proposed. To tell you the truth I don't have the faintest idea what the heck you are talking about.(all computer jargin to me 8-)) But I am sure you can explain it to me at a later date.THANKS NEAL.

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP

Old 10-22-1999, 08:42 PM
Cool

Neil & JMC, sorry - yeah my post is on page 3 of G.D. Fav. bar or place
TNX again

------------------
98 F150 S/C 4.6 2wd Vermillion/Silver,HD Tow Pkg, Boards, Vents, Bug Chaser, DIY "breezer" Tailgate, 5th whl hitch, Tool box, 16" OEM Mag's

Old 11-01-1999, 03:44 PM
Cool

HI!... Well guys MIKE T just called to tell me that SUPERCHIPS has just recieved my chip. So I should have it back for this weekend for sure. A good thing too because a guy with a DAKOTA 5.9 R/T,EC wants to run me real bad so I hear. I kinda turned down the race last weekend because I did'nt have my chip at the time. I want to have every little bit of I help I can get against him. He thinks my truck is totally stock except for the true duel exhaust. He also has duel exhaust coming out the back but I don't know if it is true duels or not. But we'll see what is going to happen this weekend. Wish me luck!!!

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP

Old 11-01-1999, 09:10 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Neal,

Call me when you have a go at it i want to watch. 972-4879

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
SmittyBilt Nerfs, Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube
To Be installed;
Superchips

Old 11-02-1999, 05:21 PM
Come on Neal! Beat his little Dodge butt!

Old 11-03-1999, 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's still going to be a few days, as Neal has to have a custom program done for his F-150. The engineers hope to have it done by Friday, so hopefully Neal will have it back next week.

Get 'em, Neal!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-03-1999, 02:46 PM
Cool

HI!... MIKE T I would just like to publicly show my appreciation to you and SUPERCHIPS for your outstanding customer service and experteeze. Everyone MIKE T has done more than I ever expected him to do regarding my chip (MIKE you know what I am talking about) and I thank him. I guess SUPERCHIPS had to create a custom program for my particular situation for my 4.10 gears. They also found out that they had to do something different with my "BOJ4" code because I still had my top speed limiter but it had changed it from a hard limiter to a soft limiter. So it will be great to actually go over 95 mph for once. All I have to say is if you want to buy a SUPERCHIP get it from MIKE T because he stands behind his product 100% and "HE'S THE MAN!" THANKS MIKE for putting up with my million phone calls and questions. Now all I have to do is get my dam speedo fixed and I will be a happy camper.8-)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Neal (edited 11-03-1999).]

Old 11-03-1999, 03:21 PM
I want to watch while you go at it too

Old 11-03-1999, 03:41 PM
Thumbs up

I LIKE TO WATCH !!!!!!

Old 11-03-1999, 04:02 PM
Me too!

Old 11-03-1999, 07:47 PM
Cool

HI!... I bet you guys would like to watch! Espeically you ANDTHENSOMETOO. ha,ha 8-)

------------------

Old 11-06-1999, 11:31 AM
Cool

Admit it, you'd like us to watch!

------------------
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Polished Steel Fenderwell Moldings, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill.
Gonna get my Bed rails back on, Finally!
Can't find the right Polished steel design, so once I modify the powercoated ones, I will paint them.
Q: Black or Blue?
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Quick Reply: Come on Neal (HP Freak) is it in yet?