anyone in alaska have the no start prob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-1999, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question anyone in alaska have the no start prob?

hello fello alaskans,

i have the no start, and can't find anyone in anchorage to solder it.. anyone have an idea of someone here that can help me? i've been without wheels fo 2 day's

thanks, mtbikr

Old 11-26-1999, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear mtbikr,

While I'm not in Alaska, I wanted to drop you a quick note.

First, even with the "no-start" problem, which is caused by a jumper not having been closed properly on the circuit board by the manufacturer, this only keeps the vehicle from running with the Superchip attached. Remove the Superchip and the vehicle will instantly fire right up, unless somehow a pin on the wiring harness on the front of the computer was bent over when it was reattached and tightened. So the truck should run just fine without the Superchip, is my point. If it doesn't, you should immediately check the wiring harness at the front of the computer, and look very carefully to make sure one or more pins wan not bent over during reattachment.

Next thing is, Superchips will do the work and overnight your computer back to you free of charge, if you can't find anyone to do it locally. This means your vehicle *is* down for 48 hrs., but I wanted to let you know that this is an alternative if you cannot find anyone to solder it for you where you are.

Best of luck, & please feel free to give us a shout for assistance, our contact info is in my signature line.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: anyone in alaska have the no start prob?